Monday, June 29, 2009

Saturday, June 27 and Monday, June 29, 2009

Well I had a fantastic weekend and I think I've gained back all of the weight I have inactively lost in the past month. But, I made it out of my pajamas both days! You only get pictures from Saturday. :) D, a friend, and myself went to a new (to us) Irish bar on Saturday and it was nice. There were only a handful of people, you can drive it, and there's free parking right next door. So I hope to go back soon.

For some reason I think I look a bit crazy in this picture. I think D said something that threw me off right before he snapped the picture. Also, this is the first time I've worn this dress. It's been in my closet for about 3 years now, and I bought it because a) it was so soft!, b) I love the pattern, and c) it was on super clearance. Also, it's a petite instead of regular, so I've always felt like it would be too short without something underneath. But I was feeling daring! I also love this necklace. There used to be a website called Marc & Pearl, and they specialized in marcasite and pearl jewelry. I bought a couple things when they had their great sales, but otherwise they were pretty pricey. Well, they had a "going out of business" sale and all of their stuff was well priced, plus you got an extra 70%-80% off. So I ordered quite a few things, this gorgeous onyx necklace being one of the items. And the black cardigan? I may have that in 2 other colors.....



Black short-sleeved cardigan: Target ($7.49, May 2009)
Floral sundress: Ann Taylor Loft ($9.88, 3 years ago)
Green lace tank: Old Navy ($5, 2009)
Black onyx necklace: Marc & Pearl ($25, 2009)
Black sandals: Frye via ebay (2009)
Silver bracelet: Target ($25, June 2009)

And this is what I'm wearing today:



I had to edit this photo a bit because my face rivaled the sun in the brightness factor, but I think you get the idea. I won this dress on ebay and I've had it for a couple weeks. Today is supposed to be hot so I thought this would be nice and flowy. Would you believe that I used to hate wearing dresses? Yet another benefit of looking at other fashions. And this bracelet that you cannot see is adorable and I love it. It is stretchy and it has hummingbirds and feathers etched into the chunky silver. Also, I've gotten a bunch of compliments on this outfit today. That always makes me feel good.

Purple multi-strand necklace: NY & Co ($6, 2009)
Black dress: Old Navy via Ebay ($18, June 2009)
Gray tank: NY & Co ($10, December 2008)
Purple belt: NY & Co ($14, June 2009)
Silver sandals: Target ($15?, Summer 2008)
Silver bracelet: Target ($25, June 2009)

0 Click here to comment :):