Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thursday, July 30, 3009


Nothing too exciting to wear today. My back is feeling a little bit better, and I'm meeting a new person for lunch today. I put up an ad on craigslist in an effort to make a few friends in the area, and this lunch is happening because of the ad. I'm trying not to be too nervous. :)

In the meantime Old Navy and all of the affiliates are having their 30% off sale and I'm trying not to buy anything. Keyword: trying.

Also, these gray pants have been lovingly hemmed by my mom. She's hemming 4 inches off a dress for me today (on her vacation, no less!) I have such a great mom.

Here's a story about the bag, which was almost free. I placed an order online at a major retailer. Well, I went to return two pairs of pants out of the order (and keep the rest). A few things got messed up, and the woman ended up returning my whole order instead of just the pants. And before you tell me I'm a bad person for not going back and pointing it out to them (I was already home when I realized what had happened) I don't want to hear it. I thought about what to do for at least a week, and I decided that in the end I would not tell them about the error because I still paid about $40 for S+H, and I rationalized that the screwup was not going to cause them to go under. If it were a mom & pop store, or someone on etsy, I would have told them immediately. But the retailer and I aren't exactly besties, so it was my choice not to clue them in. Now hopefully they won't read this blog. :)

Black tie top: Target ($13.99, 2009)
Turquoiseish tank: Old Navy (years ago)
Gray pants: Ann Taylor Loft ($20 or $10, 2008)
Black flats: Nine West Outlet ($20, July 2009)
Mosaic turquoise necklace: Etsy (2009)
Bag: Nicole Miller (you know the story, 2009)

1 Click here to comment :):

Modest Mom said...

Love your blog! Great story about the bag.