Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tuesday, July 21, 2009


My bling necklace

Sunburned feet: I told you I can't resist shoes with flowers...

The beach trip was fantastic! It went much better than I thought it would. There were hardly any fights, I found some great things at the outlets (more on that in a second), and I managed to get sunburned even though I was only at the beach for a total of 3 hours with 3 applications of sunblock. :) Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of what I wore while on vacation. So here's what I'm in today:

Purple top: Old Navy Outlet ($9, July 2009)
Yellow tank: Old Navy
Brown pants: Old Navy
Shoes: Penny Loves Kenny via T.J. Maxx ($24.99, July 2009)
Purple necklace: Liz Claiborne Outlet ($4.99!, July 2009)

So about those outlets... I got this shirt in 2 other colors (black, of course, and a beautiful blue/green color) because everything in the Old Navy store was an extra 40% off. They are so soft and comfortable! This necklace is something I'm not so sure about. D calls it my Flava Flav necklace (did I spell that right?) But at $4.99, I don't care! I got a bunch of jewerly at the Liz Claiborne outlet because they had a whole rack of $4.99 goodies. The rest of the jewelry isn't nearly as...big...I also got a ton of stuff at the Gap (I hated the Gap before, now I find great stuff from them; go figure) and I'm in love with the QVC outlet. In fact, my favorite purchase came from the QVC outlet. It's a bag from B. Makowsky, and let me tell you about this bag. Ok, so go back to christmastime in Florida this past year, and I'm hanging out with my friend. She has this beautiful supple amazing lovely leather bag that I can't stop staring at, from some brand I had never heard of. She said her sister bought it from a street vendor in Miami, and ended up just giving it to her. She told me to look online for "B. Makowsky" to see if I can find one. So I got home and looked, and they are so expensive!!! I have since bid on quite a few on ebay and I have always lost because I'm not willing to pay $150+ for a bag. So imagine my surprise when I walked into the QVC outlet and saw the very same B. Makowsky bag at an extra 40% off. I grabbed it and ran off to the register to gladly give them my $110. Now, you may not think that $110 is a great price, but considering what I've seen them go for on ebay (not including shipping) I'm quite content. And soon you will see it in all it's glory. :)

0 Click here to comment :):