Monday, August 17, 2009

Saturday and Monday, August 15 and 17, 2009




We had a rather eventful weekend. Saturday we went out to dinner and to a couple of stores, so I wanted to wear something that I wouldn't normally wear to work. I chose this black maxi dress because a) I've never worn it, and b) it's amazingly soft and c)I can't imagine wearing it to work even though I'd love to. I threw a shirt over it because I'm not a huge fan of going sleeveless. :) Also, I promise I really do have two feet, though the pictures would tell you otherwise.

Coral top: Gap Outlet ($4.99, July 2009)
Black maxi dress: Target ($24.99 on sale, July 2009)
Gladiator sandals: Classified via GoJane.com ($16.80, July 2009)
Belt: NY & Co (2009)
Necklace: Ann Taylor ($20, 2007)
Chunky gold bracelet: Target ($24.99, July 2009)




Today I decided to wear one of the dresses that I got at NY & Co (online) about a month ago. I saw it in the store (in blue, not the one I'm wearing now) and I decided to try it on, even though it was full price. I shouldn't have done that because I fell in love with it and actually paid full price for it (horrifying, I know-but I was returning stuff so it wasn't actually costing me anything since I had already paid the cc bill). Fast forward to a couple months later and it's on clearance on the website for $20. So I got the other two colors. My point-never pay retail at NY & Co. Their stuff always goes on sale.

I tried mixing gold and silver today. I'm not used to it, and I've been trying it more often in the past couple of weeks but for whatever reason I'm still not a huge fan. But I wanted to wear the necklace, which is gold, and the bracelet, which is silver, so I threw in a two-toned ring and earrings. The bracelet is one I've been eyeing on ebay for quite some time from Brighton, and I finally bid on it. :)

Brown dress: NY & Co ($20, May or June 2009)
Brown tee: Old Navy (2007)
Bronze flats: Steve Madden via DSW (August 2009)
Bracelet: Brighton via Ebay ($25, August 2009)
Tiger's eye necklace: Liz Claiborne Outlet ($4.99, July 2009)
Hoop earrings: Kohl's (2008)

1 Click here to comment :):

Dustin said...

http://tinyurl.com/pqxlcf