Monday, October 26, 2009

everybody's alright, everything is automatic (matthew good)


I can't believe yet another weekend has gone by and it's almost month 11 of the year. Then again I'm still barely getting used to saying it's 2009.

This weekend was quite productive. I think it's the first weekend I've actually gotten everything done that I set out to do. The bathroom got cleaned (with a little of D's help, thanks again!), I cleaned and rearranged the front bedroom (no more shoe tower!), and I went through my entire closet and took out everything that doesn't fit. I also rediscovered some tops that I often overlook, so I decided to wear one today.

I found these Frye shoes for 80% off at DSW last year. They were exactly what I had been looking for (meaning flat brown shoes with a nice toe) and they're incredibly comfortable. Little did I know how much I would come to like Frye's brand of shoes. I actually bought 2 more pairs in black (and they weren't 80% off, but still on sale at the time) because I enjoyed them so much. I've almost worn one of the black pairs out :) I haven't been able to find these exact shoes online very often (sometimes they're on ebay), but I did read that this version of the shoe (called Clementine) was some sort of tester shoe, and it didn't get made into mass production. That figures, doesn't it? I still wonder how DSW got ahold of a few pairs.

Soft comfortable cream sweater: Ann Taylor Loft ($30ish, 2008)
Swirl top: Ann Taylor Loft (2008)
Brown pants: Old Navy ($20, 2008)
Brown flats: Frye via DSW ($22ish, 2008)
Necklace: Ebay ($3, 2008)
Bracelet: NY & Co ($6, October 2009)

0 Click here to comment :):