Friday, October 16, 2009

how are things on the west coast? (interpol)

I've been looking for a dark brown jacket for fall, and I think I found one that works for me at a place I would normally overlook-American Eagle Outfitters. And it was on clearance as well! I used to swear by their jeans about 3 years ago but in the past year or two I've found their cuts impossibly low and extremely unflattering on someone with curves. I still have one pair of jeans from them that I can wear on a very good day, but I haven't had one of those days in a while :) Speaking of jeans, I completely forgot I owned the particular pair I have on today. I was going through my closet last night and I was going to ignore these because the tag said they were "tall" and I wanted to wear flats. Then I remembered that my wonderful amazing mom hemmed these about 3 inches for me just so I could wear flats with them. And they're stretchy!

I got a couple of crazy looks at my feet this morning while walking into work. (note-it's in the 50's and raining up here). I wanted to show them the huge crater of a blister on my heel but decided they wouldn't understand (mostly because it was 2 men and I haven't heard many men complain about getting blisters). I did try to put on a pair of flats this morning but I just couldn't stand the shoe rubbing the blister (even through 3 bandaids and a cut-out moleskin). So I'll be hiding in my office for most of the day today.

Tonight I have a friend coming over and we're going to list some stuff on ebay. Wish me luck :) Until Monday...

Brown corduroy jacket: American Eagle Outfitters ($34, October 2009)
Floral top: Faith 21 ($27, July 2009)
Cream tank: Target (2004 or 2005)
Jeans: NY & Co ($25ish, 2008)
Sandals: Target ($15, 2009)
Necklace w/multiple strands: Ann Taylor Loft ($20, 2007)
Second necklace: Liz Claiborne Outlet ($7, May 2009)

1 Click here to comment :):

Kasmira said...

Love the jacket! I have a khaki version from American Eagle (also corduroy) and it has been one of my staples for years! I'm glad to know they are still making the same (or a similar) jacket.

http://whatiwore2day.blogspot.com/2009/10/renaissance.html