Thursday, October 22, 2009

it's hard to find a friend...also, this post is very long and full of links.



I will get to my oh so exciting outfit, but first I need to talk about my shoes. If you knew me in person, you would know that I could talk about shoes for a while. So, last night I had a very, possibly too successful trip to DSW with a friend of mine. I went in armed with a return, a coupon, and a $10 certificate, and I came out with two beautiful pairs of boots.

Here is the first pair. First you should know that I have these in a wine color too. I bought them the last time I was at this particular DSW but I haven't actually worn them yet. Have you ever bought something that you loved so much you were afraid to wear it? No? Ok, I'm crazy. But the current boots-what's so special about a pair of black boots? Well, hands down they are the most comfortable boots I have ever owned. I love everything about them; the less than 3" heel, the almond toe, the way they perfectly cradle my feet....*sigh* I was actually looking around online for other colors yesterday, only to find that even if my size were in stock they were way too expensive. So here's the great part. Not only did DSW still have them, they only had 2 black pairs, and one was in my size. And, they were selling for way less than what I found on other websites. Not to mention, I had a coupon for 30% off a regularly priced pair of shoes, which I used, and then I had my return merchandise credit. Add my $10 certificate and I was sold! For some reason, even though I love them as much as the wine colored ones, I was ok wearing them today. And I will wear the other ones soon!

So everything was going well, but then I ruined my budget shopping with these. In an effort to defend my way too expensive shoe purchase, they were a) on sale, and b) the perfect gray boots that I've been looking for. You see, I've been hunting for gray boots for about a year now, and I've pondered over these, I've bought and returned these (which I loved but I couldn't do the heel height and they really were more brown than gray even if I wanted to debate the website with their tan description), and I was about to give up when I laid eyes on these suede beauties. As an aside, I didn't even know I like suede. But apparently it spoke to me through these shoes. And I lovelovelove the heel. It's chunky, which makes me feel more stable, and I plan on carrying around 2 plastic bags in my purse whenever I wear these just in case it decides to rain/snow/someone throws a water bucket at me. Lastly, don't be fooled by what they're calling gray on the DSW website. It's actually a true beautiful gray, no brown in it.

Yesterday was also a great day because my gorgeous jewelry from Bijoutiful finally arrived. D bought me a gift card from her store for our anniversary back in July and I was finally able to decide on what I wanted.

And, I'm not going to lie. You all know I love Erin's blog. She showed off a great set of bracelets from an etsy seller, and I ordered them last month. I love how you can wear as many as you feel like putting on.

I'm going to quit boring you right after I mention that these are another pair of those amazing pull-on pants I wore earlier this week. I will own them in every color!

Sweater: Gap Outlet ($22, September 2009)
Black tank: Old Navy (2009)
Awesome pull-on pants of greatness: NY & Co ($20, October 2009)
Black boots: Van Eli via DSW ($30, October 2009)
Long necklace: Ann Taylor Loft ($10, 2008)
Petal ring: Etsy (gifted, October 2009)
Black bracelets: Etsy ($24, September 2009)

0 Click here to comment :):