Tuesday, October 27, 2009

kick start your heart...(funeral for a friend)

So readers, do you ever pick out a piece of an outfit and decide that you're going to use that piece, regardless of how many things you unsuccessfully pair it with? Well, that was me last night with this top. It's another "rediscovered" item from my great closet clean out, and I swear I tried on at least 10 different combinations before settling on what you're looking at. Whenever I wear this shirt (which has been maybe 4 times) I want to pair it with khaki pants because I normally don't put black and brown together. The fact that the black top has khaki detailing throughout makes me alright with the black/brown combo. Silly, I know.

I actually haven't worn these pants yet either. I had them in my "beg mom to hem when visiting" pile and I realized that they would probably be a good length with my wonderful black boots that I talked too much about last week.

Red cardigan: NY & Co ($12ish, 2009)
Floral top: Ann Taylor Loft (2008)
Khaki pants: NY & Co ($12, 2008)
Black boots: Van Eli via DSW ($30, October 2009)
Belt: Ann Taylor Loft (taken off another dress)
Necklace: Ann Taylor Loft ($9.99, May 2007)

0 Click here to comment :):