Thursday, October 29, 2009

lucky denver mint (jimmy eat world)

I figure this is the last time I'll be able to get away with bare legs for the season. It's supposed to go up to 72 Saturday! I'm very excited to start wearing my tights though. I bought some at the end of last season and I still haven't figured out which outfit I want to wear with them first :)

The first time I saw this dress it was on a department store's website (rhymes with Stacy's if you're interested). I pondered over it, then it went on sale, I pondered some more, but finally decided it was still too much to spend on a dress when I already own many dresses that don't get worn enough. About a week ago my love for the dress was renewed when I saw it on ebay, this time with a price I could handle. I love the way it stretches, and the color is beautiful. Also, I've gotten a lot of compliments on it today, which is quite encouraging.

And you know what makes this dress really rock? Pockets!! Seriously, I love me a dress with pockets. I wanted to wear boots with this dress but I couldn't get myself to put on the only pair of black zip-up boots that I have (which tore a hole in my heel the last time I wore them). I wasn't in the mood to put on 5 bandaids, two boot socks, and some extra moleskin. So you get my snakeskin flats, which go quite nicely with my fancy belt I've been dying to wear.

Dress: Ebay ($34, October 2009)
Black belt: NY & Co ($15, Summer 2009)
Black flats: Steve Madden via DSW ($40ish, August 2009)
Circle necklace and earrings: Lia Sophia via Ebay (2009)

0 Click here to comment :):