Friday, January 8, 2010

hoods on peregrine...(thrice)





I have had such a hard time getting out of bed this past week, and I'm so glad it's almost over.

This red skirt is actually a dress that I got from Ann Taylor Loft for a whopping $14.88 sometime last year. I've never worn it! Probably because it's a little revealing with a deep v-neck and a little figure hugging for my taste, but I love it as a skirt. If I knew how to hem I would probably take an inch or two off the bottom.

The top is actually an exchange I got when I was returning some christmas gifts that didn't fit. I got 2 other colors (I wouldn't want to surprise anyone here) and my total came to $15 for all of them!

And can I just rave about these tights? The first pair I put on this morning were Assets (same line that does Spanx) and they ripped immediately! So I grabbed these and they've been great all day. I love the pattern on them. Merona for the win!

Kasmira mentioned this in one of her recent posts, and I have been thinking about it as well-taking more detailed shots of the jewelry and accessories I have on for the day. Sometimes I don't feel like I should because I wear some of the same things each day (like the watch and the bracelet) but I thought I'd make the effort to take them anyway.

Black sweater: Ann Taylor Loft ($5 w/exchange, December 2009)
Red dress as a skirt: Ann Taylor Loft ($14.88!, 2008)
Tights: Merona Target ($7, December 2009)
Shoes: Piperlime ($50 with coupons, December 2009)
Ring: Marc & Pearl ($30ish, 2008)
Black bracelets: Ann Taylor Loft (2008)
Watch: Diamondshark.com ($56, November 2009)
Silver bracelet: Lia Sophia via Ebay ($12, 2009)

Yesterday some coworkers took me out for a late birthday lunch and I didn't get a full shot of the dress, but here's what it looked like:
Dress: Dillards ($54, November 2009)

Would you believe me if I told you I already did some holiday shopping for next year? I totally did! I got 4 necklaces from Ann Taylor Loft for $3.66 each to give to each of my aunts this coming year. Hehe....

1 Click here to comment :):

Work With What You've Got said...

Great job with the layering, looks great and now you can feel comfortable in that dress.

I love that you wear a lot of jewelry. I'm such an accessory queen...