Wednesday, January 6, 2010

owls, peacocks, and squid are a few of my favorite things....


I got to work a little late today and on my way in I stopped by the thrift store to pick up whatever they didn't choose to sell. According to my invoice they're selling everything for $166, and if it all sells I get half of that. A vintage dress is the only thing they decided not to sell. So, I'm pretty excited about that.

I'm considering selling the dress I have on today (on ebay). I have seen it on quite a few other bloggers and I think it looks great on them, but I always feel pregnant in it. Argh.

In other news, I gave in and ordered these same boots I have on in brown from Piperlime. Yesterday they were offering an extra 20% off their sale items, plus I wanted something from Old Navy so I got an extra 10% for it being Tuesday, and free shipping on everything with my Old Navy credit card. Unfortunately they had sold out of 9's by the time I ordered, so I went for an 8.5. If it doesn't work at least it's free to send the shoes back. I also went through all of the shoes I have stored (out of sight/out of mind) under my bed and found about 5 pairs to sell/donate. Perhaps I've watched Hoarders too much and it's getting to me...

I also wanted to point something out to my few awesome readers. If I'm raving about something, it's not because I'm being paid or reimbursed to do so. I'm doing it because I genuinely like the product/brand/store/etc...As of right now, my blog does not appear in any search results, so you can only find it one of two ways. One: you know the URL. Two: you were referred to this blog (usually through another blogger). Right now that's the way I want to keep it. Even though my blog is less exposed, which means fewer readers, I like having more control over who sees it. I started this blog because I admired the other people that do daily postings of their outfits and I wanted to be a part of it, and because I wanted to document what I wear and challenge myself to do more with my outfits. I'm not saying that my blog settings won't change, but as of right now, this is how I like it.

Black cardigan: Target (2009)
Paisley dress: NY & Co ($25, September 2009)
White tank: NY & Co (2009)
Leggings: Lane Bryant ($17, September 2009)
Black boots: Ciao Bella via Bluefly.net ($100, November 2009)
Black belt: from a dress
Necklace: Ann Taylor Loft Outlet ($20, September 2009)

0 Click here to comment :):