Tuesday, February 16, 2010

and I'm leaning on this broken fence, between past and present tense (the weakerthans)





I've started writing my entry for today and changed it at least 3 times now. I just can't decide what I want to say. Instead of going into my personal life I've chosen to stick with the clothing.

I got this dress from Nordstrom after I saw the below picture set online. I absolutely loved the colors and the way it looked with the slouchy boots. Of course, things look different on real people and I can't seem to like this dress with my own slouchy suede boots, but I'm still happy with the purchase...even if it's slightly more than I would have liked to pay (even on sale).

I started looking for a black wrap top once I got back from FL this past holiday season. My mom had given me one to wear with a dress that I had brought down with me and I ended up liking the look so much that I wanted one of my own. The one I ended up with is a sort of heavy fabric, more like a sweater, and I can't wait to wear it more.

Black wrap top: Ann Taylor Loft via Ebay ($10, December 2009)
Dress: Adrianna Papell via Nordstrom ($65, December 2009)
Shoes: Naturalizer via Piperlime ($40, January 2010)
Tights: Chadwicks (.86 cents, November 2009)
Green quartz ring: Ebay (<$10, 2007)
Hoop earrings: Lia Sophia (gifted, December 2008)

3 Click here to comment :):

Dustin said...

Gorgeous dress, wow. You look like you want to murder me in the first pic!

Cynthia said...

Love the dress. I say not bad for Nordstroms. I also love the dress from yesterday! I can't believe you are wearing dresses in all that snow. It's a cold 50 degrees here and I have on long pants. I would be freezing! Have a great day!

Work With What You've Got said...

That dress is STUNNING. Love it on you!~