Monday, February 15, 2010

back to the grind.


So hopefully this week will be a normal full 5 day workweek. I never thought I would be excited about that :)

I rediscovered this dress while going through the spare closet and I couldn't be happier. I was looking for another dress and I saw this pattern and though "oh, I looove peacocks" and well, there it was. The downside is that it has this weird piece of fabric that flaps open (sort of like a wrap dress) down the bustline, but I just covered it with a handy black cardigan. I also think it's a tad short for work so I added a black slip dress under it, which you can see in the picture.

Our front porch (see below) is still covered in snow so I've started to send anything I order online to my work address. I'm going to become great friends with our mail delivery guys :)

Cardigan: Ann Taylor Loft
Peacock dress: NY & Co ($20, 2009)
Black slip dress: taken from another dress
Black boots: Ciao Bella via Bluefly.net ($100, November 2009)
Tights: Spanx

3 Click here to comment :):

Lorena said...

So much snow!!!!!!
Pretty print on that dress.

Work With What You've Got said...

I love this dress too!~ You have so many pretty ones. You must have a great eye!

K said...

Hi Lorena and Erin,

Thanks for the compliments! I really like the whole peacock trend that's going on at the moment. As for having a great eye, that's debatable. :)