Thursday, February 18, 2010

dark purple (nails, that is)




Guess what? Here's another dress I've been saving! I could probably wear a different dress every day for at least 3 weeks before laundry would have to be addressed. And to think I never used to wear dresses...

I haven't worn this bracelet since I first moved up to MD, which was in 2006. How about a story to go with it? After I graduated from college I worked part time at a real estate office, and then in the evenings I worked at an art museum. Specifically, I worked with the traveling King Tut exhibit. Since I actually worked in the gift shop, I admired this bracelet the whole time I worked there. Whenever I would work in the jewelry section I would take one out and wear it, just because I loved it so much. However, the price just couldn't be justified. It was at least $120, and even with our employee discount I couldn't swing it. In the meantime my parents had come to see the exhibit at least 3 times (it was free for family/friends of the employees) and they knew how much I loved the bracelet. So when the exhibit was ending they bought it for me as a surprise. Isn't that just sweet? Sometimes I love my parents :)

Dress: Target ($6.24, December 2009)
Turtleneck: Ann Taylor Loft ($7, October 2009)
Tights: Target
Shoes: Piperlime ($50, December 2009)
Necklace: Ann Taylor Loft via Ebay (2009)
Bracelet: King Tut Exhibit (gifted, 2007)

0 Click here to comment :):