Monday, March 15, 2010

coming off of a rainy weekend...

Friday Night

Monday Work





This past weekend was pretty crappy as far as weather goes. D and I tried to go to a see a local Baltimore band play in Frederick on Friday night but the place was so tiny and packed that we ended up leaving after the opening act. But you get to see what I wore anyway.

Today I opted for jeans because we had to take my car to the repair shop and for some reason I didn't feel like dressing up. I have a flat tire, my spare is also flat, and my motor mount is cracked (or something of that nature) so hopefully by tomorrow evening I will have my car back.

My aunt bought a bulk lot of Stella & Dot jewelry on ebay and she invited my grandmother and I over to see it. She was hoping to sell us some of the pieces at 50% off the retail price, so I picked up these rings (originally $49) and my grandmother bought the necklace that I borrowed for today, a bracelet, and earrings. There were a couple other necklaces that I really liked but I'm glad I didn't buy more because of the costly car repairs.

I'm happy to be wearing this jacket because I haven't been able to button it up since I bought it. I cleaned out one of our closets on Sunday and tried to be stern with a "if it doesn't fit sell/donate/thrift it" attitude and this jacket actually fit! So it's safe for now :)

I will leave you with a picture of what my cat is doing (and what I would much rather be doing). Ignore the mess on the couch. That's my "to be thrifted" pile...
Friday night:
Moto jacket: NY & Co (B1G1 50% off $32, October 2009)
Green top: Old Navy (2006 or 2007)
Skirt: Ann Taylor Loft via Ebay ($16.99, February 2010)
Boots: Ann Taylor Loft ($56, December 2008)
Leggings: Lane Bryant ($17, September 2009)
Scarf: NY & Co ($5, 2009)

Monday work:
Corduroy jacket: Ann Taylor Loft ($26, October 2009)
Navy striped tee: Lane Bryant ($16, November 2009)
Jeans: NY & Co (2009)
Boots: DSW ($49, November 2009)
Rings and necklace: Stella & Dot ($24.50/borrowed from grandmother, March 2010)

0 Click here to comment :):