Friday, March 12, 2010

I'm dying tomorrow...(alkaline trio)






Man do I have some great tales for you from the land of Lane Bryant. First, the story covered in awesome sauce. I went into Lane Bryant last night to pick up some orders that I had placed online (wearing the same thing I wore to work yesterday) and the sales woman complimented me on my outfit. I thanked her, and confessed that it was a very expensive dress and I was happy that someone noticed it. Well, she couldn't believe it was a dress, so I lifted up the black sweater part to show her the cute detailing on the bodice of the dress. Her reaction was one of disbelief, this time towards my body instead of the skirt being a dress. She started asking me if I had ever considered being a plus size model and how I have the most "banging" body and then, as if it could get better, she pointed back at the pictures of the models behind the counter and said that I look way better than them and I really need to look into the whole modeling thing. By then I was probably 18 different shades of blushing red, saying thanks and blabbering about how great spanx are, and she went and got her manager (?!) who confirmed everything that I should indeed be a plus size model. Seriously folks, my self esteem hasn't been this high in years.

The second awesome part of my story concerns the actual clothing. So I went in knowing I would probably find something I wanted, so I armed myself with a $25 off $75 coupon. I managed to find two dresses that I wanted that had sold out online on clearance, a pretty piece of lingerie, a necklace (I'm wearing it today), and a red top. So my total was at about $85 before the $25 coupon. As I was checking out the very nice wonderful sales woman asked if I wanted to apply for a LB credit card, and that I would get an extra $25 off my total (on top of the coupon) if I applied. Well, shiiiiiit I applied and got one. So my total came to be a whopping $37 for all of my clothing! I mean, my original total would have been over $200 if everything were regularly priced. And for some reason however they pro-rate the coupons made this necklace free! So, I'm totally happy. I woke up this morning thinking everything had been a very nice dream. I'm even more amused because Lane Bryant has really been hit or miss with me, but man when they hit they hit hard! I'd say I'm definitely a loyal customer now :) I can't wait to show you all what I got!

So, on to today's outfit. I've been wanting to wear this outfit again since I wore it to movie night last weekend and since Fridays=casual I went for it. Next week I will definitely break out some of my new purchases.

Moto jacket: NY & Co (B1G1 50% off $32, October 2009)
Cardigan: Old Navy ($21, February 2010)
Top: Lane Bryant ($10, 2009)
Jeans: Ann Taylor Loft ($32, May 2008)
Scarf: H+M ($10, 2009)
Shoes: Nine West Outlet ($20, July 2009)
Necklace: Lane Bryant (free!, March 2010)
Ring: QVC via Ebay ($25, 2009)

2 Click here to comment :):

Dustin said...

It is beyond bangin'. I'm glad someone besides your boyfriend told you this!!

Some of those models on the walls in there have this "Yeah, I'm 'plus size' but I'm really just the average build for a woman. I had a peanut hull for lunch!" thing going on.

I can't wait to see more of your purchases on you.

Cynthia said...

I popped into LB last night and they have some great stuff right now. I couldn't really shop becuase my guys were with me but hopefully I can get back there sometime this weekend. Enjoy your weekend!