Friday, March 26, 2010

it's the most glorious day of the week...

Last night D and I watched The Crazies (remake) and it left me with a crappy night's sleep. So this morning I wanted the closest thing to pj's as I could get. I'm also thrilled to tell you all that with the exception of the tank top and the black flats, everything in this outfit is a single (not a multiple!) :) The jeans are the only skinny jeans I will probably ever own. I've tried on the A.N.A. "jeggings" everyone seems to wear and love in every size available (except petite) and I just didn't like the way they fit me. The regular length ones were too short for flats, the long ones were about 3 inches too long, and the plus size ones were actually too big (gasp!) So I bought these skinny jeans instead.

I haven't worn this necklace for a very long time. After I graduated from college (and moved back down to south FL) I took a couple community college courses in anthropology (I majored in it; now you know where "excavating" my blog originated from) to try and stay up-to-date with the anthropology world. Well, each summer my professor would take a group of students to Mexico each year to go on a sort of field study throughout many of the Mayan ruins. I ended up signing up for it (not knowing how to speak any Spanish), and this necklace is one of many jewelry items that I brought back with me. :) Below are some of the pictures from one particular site, Chichen Itza.

El Castillo/Temple of Kukulkan in Chichen Itza
Kissing a serpent head in the ancient ball court of Chichen Itza
I think this is one of the ball court hoops in the National Museum of Anthropology (Museo Nacional de Antropologia)A friend and I in the Temple of a Thousand Warriors
I hope you all have a great weekend!

Flutter cardigan: Fashion Bug ($12, March 2010)
Navy and white top: Target ($8, February 2009)
Yellow tank: Old Navy (2009)
Skinny jeans: JCPenney ($28, January 2010)
Beloved black flats: Nine West Outlet ($20, July 2009)
White mother of pearl necklace: Mexico (July 2006)

2 Click here to comment :):

Cynthia said...

I have been and climbed to the top of the Chichen Itza pyramid. I still haven't found any skinny jeans that fit me correctly. I haven't tried the jeggings yet. Have a great weekend!

Lesa said...

HEY GIRL!
I am from South Florida, I've been to Chichen Itza and I love to shop! See how much we have in common?
LESA