Monday, March 1, 2010

monday morning madness...

Sunday dinnerMonday work


Last week was not a photograph friendly week. I'm trying harder this week.

The first outfit was worn to go out to dinner with a friend. I got the skirt through ebay and although I measured the length it still ended up a bit short for work. Also, it's a little lighter in wash than I really wanted. So I guess a dark denim a-line skirt is still on my mental wishlist. I love the whole knee-high sock trend (it's all Erin's fault), and so far this is the only pair that I've found that actually goes far enough up my leg and actually fits my thighs (though you can't tell because I let them end right below my knees). *le sigh* I think some of my negativity from last week is lingering...

Anyway, moving on to today's outfit (I apologize for the lousy pics). There was a big meeting at work so I wanted to wear something nice. I actually bought 2 of this particular dress because the price couldn't be beat and I really like it. The boots are the same "Peach" style that I own in brown. I just got them back from having the calves stretched and I wanted to get some wear out of them before the colder weather moves along. I think I'm the only one that's going to miss this cold weather. I mean, highs in the 60's are ideal but I love tights/boots/sweaters/scarves. If I ever moved back to FL I don't know what I would do with my crazy boot/cold weather accessory collection I've built up over the past 3 years.

Speaking of boots, I want these so badly! I'm not usually one for animal prints but for some reason they just call to me....Cheetah or snow leopard? Agh! Must resist....

Sunday dinner:
Turtleneck: Marshall's ($15?, December 2009)
Skirt: Ann Taylor Loft via Ebay ($16.99, February 2010)
Leggings: Lane Bryant ($17 on sale + a coupon, September 2009)
Red Socks: Target (January 2010)
Boots: Piperlime ($50, December 2009)
Necklace: H&M ($9.95, October 2009)

Monday work:
Cardigan: NY & Co (2009)
Dress: JCPenney ($12, January 2010)
Belt: NY & Co (July 2009)
Tiny mountain tights: Spanx ($14.99, 2009)
Boots: Arturo Chiang "Peach" via lovemyshoes.com ($65, December 2009)
Necklace: H&M ($9.95, October 2009)

0 Click here to comment :):