Friday, April 9, 2010

a girl on your arm don't make you a man...(bayside)

(click to enlarge)
Lately I've been thinking about making a shopping list of sorts for me to keep in mind when I'm out in retail land. In the upcoming months I may be visiting a few outlet centers and I think it would be helpful to at least have some idea of what I'm looking for, rather than wandering around and shopping all willy nilly :) Because let's face it, not a lot of people (including myself) can afford to buy whatever strikes their fancy, even at the outlet stores. So if you see a list somewhere on this blog that's probably what it is.

One of the things at the top of my mental list of wants has been a pair (or two) of jeans that I can wear with flats. Now, I have a bazillion jeans. Seriously. But I have three pairs I can successfully pair with flats, and one of the pairs is not appropriate for work (the other pair I wore yesterday). All the rest of my jeans are lengths meant to be worn with heels or high boots, which isn't really going to work for the summer months.

Enter Nordstrom. Yes, I know they're expensive. But as I've mentioned before, they have one of the nicest plus size selections I've come across. They're not as trendy as some of the other plus size retailers out there, and if you can find what you want on sale it's usually worth it. I know that anything I buy from them will get good use for at least the next couple of years. Plus you can return online orders to their retail stores or Nordstrom Rack, which is very convenient for me because there is one right down the road from my work.

Anyway, these are the jeans. I've seen good reviews for this particular brand before and at $29 I figured I would give them a shot. I'm so happy that I did. The jeans are a thinner material, they stretch (I ordered a size smaller than normal and they fit perfectly), and they are the perfect length for flats. As long as I don't absentmindedly shrink these in the dryer I plan on wearing them all throughout the summer.

By now you probably think Nordstrom is paying me to say these nice things. I assure you they're not. My blog is private, and you got here because you knew the direct link or you saw me on another blog. As far as I know, corporations are unaware of my blog existence, and I plan on keeping that way for the time being. If I'm raving about something it's because I paid for it myself and want to tell you about it.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend!

Cardigan: Target (2009)
Patterned top: Kohl's ($14ish, October 2009)
Jeans: Caslon Nordstrom ($29, April 2010)
Black flats: Nine West Outlet ($20, July 2009)
Necklace: Ann Taylor Loft Outlet ($20, September 2009)
Blue earrings: Ebay ($12, 2008)
Diamond earrings: Kohl's ($20, 2008)

2 Click here to comment :):

Cynthia said...

Heading over to Nordstroms to check out those jeans. Did you order them on line? I hope they have them in the store. Love the shirt!

K said...

Hi Cynthia!

I did order them online. If you look at the link, http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2942106?Category=&Search=True&SearchType=keywordsearch&keyword=katie&origin=searchresults, it says that store pickup is unavailable, so I'm not sure if you'll see them in a Nordstrom store. I hope you can find them!

I love this shirt too. Thanks! :)