Friday, April 30, 2010

oh to be entertaining (with an update!)

(The creepy hummel figurines are not mine, I promise!)
(click photo to enlarge)
Today is that always special day, casual Friday! I switched my outfit around this morning, which made for rather boring pictures, but I'm comfortable and enjoying the last day of a busy week.

On a different note- I have a ton of clothing (and I'm guilty of not wearing all of it) so I sell items on ebay and I consign with a local shop about once a month. Well, this past Wednesday I went for my monthly drop-off and picked up my check, and it was for $80! I've been doing pretty well with the consignment shop for the past couple months and it makes me feel good to get something back for items I don't wear often enough. The consignment shop gives the seller half of whatever the item sells for, which isn't bad. If an item doesn't sell they donate it to a local shelter, which I can totally live with. I've looked into other consignment shops in the area and this one definitely benefits me the most. I also sold some jewelry and a dress on ebay this past week and made a nice amount so hopefully it will help make up for my overspending last month :) Do you all have experience selling off items you don't wear anymore? I'd love to hear about them.

Have a great weekend!

**Update:
So I was in the kitchen nuking my lunch and my coworker walked in with this adorable green top and a black flower pin. I was telling her how much I loved it, and how I want to get more into wearing accessories, and she gave it to me! Apparently she has two of them. So, coworker, you have made my day!
Gifted flower pin
Top: Target ($7.50, February 2010)
Jeans: Caslon via Nordstrom ($29, April 2010)
Black flats: Aldo ($34, June 2009)
Necklace: Ann Taylor Loft (2008)
Flower pin: Gifted (April 2010)

3 Click here to comment :):

Work With What You've Got said...

Such a great casual Friday look. It's casual but classy and everything looks like it fits to perfection.

Cynthia said...

Great look. Enjoy your new pin.

GatorGirlintheCity said...

I am a Target- fanatic. How did I miss this top?

Plus your hair looks fantastic--I have curl envy!