Friday, April 2, 2010

on letting go...



After feeling like a sack of crapola yesterday I decided to try and cheer myself up by picking out one of my favorite dresses to wear today. I'm feeling a little better (also due to the great pedicure I splurged on yesterday), but after this weekend I need to start paying attention to what I eat so I don't feel this way so often.

Remember when I was so enamored with this bag? Well, I still am and I use it a lot but I don't usually take pictures of my bag choice. I decided to take advantage of D being behind the camera and got my bag in the shot :)

I actually forgot about these shoes until I came across them during my big shoe cleaning event on Wednesday. They compliment my pedicure quite nicely, although you can't see it. I used Nars Orgasm nail polish, which tends to last quite a while. And my shoe cleaning event? I'm going to make a size 8.5/9 woman very happy somewhere. I think I'm going to try to consign most of the ones I've decided to "get rid of", although I have a few Frye sandals that I'm going to put up on ebay. Before my shoes lived in three places-under my bed, in an unruly stack in the spare bedroom, and in my closet. I managed to reorganize the shoes in the front bedroom so the stack is not higher than me (I'm 5'8) and I got all but 3 boots put away in my closet, so no more shoes under the bed where they're out of sight/out of mind. Plus, I'm consigning/donating/ebaying over 10 pairs, so I'm very satisfied with my progress. Believe it or not I took pictures of all my shoes, but I'm too embarrassed to put them up. Maybe at a later date :)

I hope you all have a lovely weekend!

Dress: CAbi via Ebay ($46ish, 2008)
Tank: Old Navy (2009)
Sandals: Naturalizer Outlet ($40ish, 2009)
Necklace: Ann Taylor Loft via Ebay (2008)
Bag: B. Makowsky via QVC Outlet ($110, July 2009)

0 Click here to comment :):