Monday, June 7, 2010

Black-Out 2010 Day 1: Awards, challenges, and the beginning of a new week...


(click photos to enlarge)
Hi all,

Did everyone have a good weekend? Mine was pretty awesome. The Evil Dead musical didn't disappoint (although we didn't get as "blood" splattered as I thought we would) and I ate horrible yummy food all weekend. :)

So did you see that great banner up there? I'm totally trying my first ever blog challenge this week! Sal at Already Pretty has challenged everyone not to wear black for all this week. She's taken it way further and challenged herself not to wear black all summer! If you want to join in, here is her post with the "rules". I actually picked out my outfit last night forgetting about the challenge and was up until midnight last night picking out non-black attire. I really didn't realize how much I wear it! For the record, my cardi today is navy (which I tried to show in the second picture by lightening it).

Navy cardigan: Ann Taylor Loft ($25, December 2009)
Yellow tank: Old Navy (2009)
White skirt: Gap ($12, July 2009)
Shoes: SmartBargains.com ($31.99, June 2009)
Bracelet and necklace: Ann Taylor Loft (2009/2010)

In other exciting news, GatorGirlintheCity awarded me my very first blog award!

So now I'm supposed to tell you 10 things about myself.

1) I was born a little over 2 1/2 months premature while my mom was visiting her parents in Maryland. The nearest hospital that specialized in premature births was Georgetown, which is how I was born in Washington DC. Before I moved up here I lived all my life between Tampa and Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

2) Speaking of Florida, I hate the heat. Nothing makes me feel worse than sweating to death in gross wet humid hotness. Unfortunately it gets pretty warm up here in MD, but at least we have seasons :)

3) My favorite season is fall. It's still new to me and the sight of all the beautiful fall foliage makes me so happy that I'm in a location where I can appreciate it.

4) I met my fabulous boyfriend of nearly 3 years online. I honestly don't know what I would do without him.

5) My boyfriend and I live with my 90 year old grandmother. She has macular degeneration (she's almost completely blind), and we help her out far more than she cares to admit.

6) I have a shoe addiction. Seriously, I can't say no to a great pair of shoes (and I'll likely have them in every color).

7) I actually hated shoes until I got my first "real" job when I moved up here. It wasn't until then that I realized flip flops wouldn't cut it. Of course it was the first time I could really afford nicer shoes anyway, but it's been a shoe-filled journey ever since!

8) I used to have my left eyebrow pierced. I still regret the scar.

9) I don't want kids, and I'm so very fortunate to have met a man that feels the same way.

10) Horror movies are my favorite thing to watch. I'm really into the zombie genre, but I'll watch almost anything horror, as long as it isn't all torture filled. :)

The blogging community can feel rather close-knit, and I think every blog I read has received this award before. So I'm not going to call out 10 blogs. But if you haven't received this award, please feel free to grab it and share some facts with us!

2 Click here to comment :):

Natalie said...

Fall is my favorite time of year as well!

K said...

Natalie,

I'm glad we agree :) I hate that fall seems to come and go so quickly.