Friday, June 11, 2010

Black-Out Challenge Day 5: Spring has sprung all over me...

(click photo to enlarge)
Maybe this makes me a bit of a nerd but I saved this outfit for today because it's possibly the most spring-like item in my possession. And yes, this is summer, but to me spring and summer are pretty similar because they're both hot and I'm not really a fan of either season.

I actually bought this skirt last year and never wore it. I'm not a skirt lover, but this one sits at a good spot on my waist and I love the length. The fabric is a very lightweight denim, but it doesn't seem to wrinkle, which I adore.

Since I don't often take weekend outfit pictures this will likely be the last of my attempts at the black-out challenge. I've really enjoyed the challenge because it made me put more thought into my outfits (and I thought I already did). It has also made me realize that I want to throw a black cardigan on 4 out of 5 work days (and believe me, I own enough to wear one a day). I know the black cardi is a security blanket for me, and this challenge has made me realize that there are other colors that can make me feel fabulous.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Floral cardigan: Nordstrom ($45, May 2010)
Brown tank: Old Navy (2010)
Denim skirt: Lane Bryant ($11, Fall 2009)
Brown flats: Nine West ($34.99, October 2009)

3 Click here to comment :):

Lesa said...

This is the favorite outfit I have seen on my blog roll today! Perfect.

K said...

And that's the best compliment I've received in a long time! Thanks :)

Cynthia said...

Love the cardi and denim skirt. You look great!