Friday, June 18, 2010

the crampettes...

(click photos to enlarge)
(click photos to enlarge)
Good morning strangers,

I had a good post planned for yesterday but I ended up staying home. Today I wanted to be as comfortable as possible so I decided to wear this new top I got on clearance from Lane Bryant and my favorite jeans. Earlier this week I went to LB to take advantage of my $25 coupon and they had some great stuff on clearance. Plus all clearance items were an extra 40% off. I do think that they can be expensive to begin with, but if you wait for their sales and you have a coupon there are some great deals to be had. You just have to be patient.

The shoes are also new and I've been excited to wear them (even though I got them last month). Do you ever buy something and find yourself so excited about whatever it is that you bought that you don't know what to wear it with? I mean, how can someone be undecided about styling brown sandals? The braid pattern reminds me of how my best friend's mother used to do our hair for church on Sundays. That brings back some painful memories (her braiding technique, not the church part. Well, mostly the braid...) To keep me honest I should share that I also bought these in black. In my defense, the black ones were on clearance :)

I haven't forgotten about my ASOS purchase. I'll be touching on that next week. I hope you all have a lovely weekend!

Coral top: Lane Bryant ($7.77, June 2010)
Jeans: Calvin Klein ($48, January 2010)
Sandals: Target ($23, May 2010)
Necklace: Urban Accents in Wisconsin ($32ish, May 2009)
Ring: Consignment Store ($17, June 2010)
Bag: Target "Hollywood Intuition" Line ($29.99, May 2010)

5 Click here to comment :):

Bombshell Beauty said...

I'm happy you found me, so I could find you! Very cute outfit. Love that top!

K said...

Thanks! :) It's from their supima cotton line and I love how soft it is!

I've added your blog to my list on the right :) If you mind let me know and I can edit it.

Hope you have a good weekend!

Cynthia said...

Great outfit. I stopped in LB and didn't find anything in my size on clearance, maybe next time. Love your new bag. I must go find one! Have a great weekend!

Lesa said...

Hi K.

I just got hoe from leaving my daughter at G-Ville, it actually worked out better than expected and I only cried a little.

Wanted to comment on why I hated USF. Wanted to go to UF but my Mom wouldnt let me go because my boyfriend was there (I would have made better grades if she just let me go to UF because I spent all of my time traveling back and forth. Also my Grandmother who was really close to me died when I was there. So I guess I really can't blame the school....too much info.

Love your color choices today.

Lesa
Always Summer

K said...

Cynthia-Thanks. I find LB rather hit or miss as far as their sale size choices go. Sometimes I hit the jackpot and other times I leave with nothing. :) Also, I've been using that bag nonstop. I love that it goes with everything. I've seen it around in the Target stores but it looks like it's sold out online.

Lesa-Thank you :) I love putting coral and turquoise together. I'm not sure I knew that you went to USF. What did you major in? Did you end up staying with your boyfriend even though you went to different schools? Hehe I love finding out about other lives. You don't have to answer if you're not comfortable. I'm sorry your grandmother died while you were there. It's totally understandable that those things would dampen your USF experience.