Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I told you I was brave but I lied...

(click photos to enlarge)
Good morning everyone,

I think I've mentioned this before but back in May of this year I bought a bunch of cardigans from Ann Taylor Loft when they were having their 40% off sale. Somehow I semi-forgot about this one. I loved it when I first saw it online, but at $60 it was a bit out of my price range. Then the sale came around and I got the last one in my size (at that particular store anyway). I decided to pair it with my new earrings, which I have been coveting since my aunt's Stella & Dot jewelry party back in April. They retail for $49 (plus shipping) and I just couldn't justify that, so I found them on ebay for a little less.
So while I was going through my overstuffed closet last night (and rediscovering "forgotten" items) I started to think about the amount of clothing I have acquired over the past couple of years. I like to think of myself as being fairly organized, but I do have a lot of clothes for one person (and this isn't even touching on my shoes). I have my 4 sizes ago clothing (which in my defense most are in the basement waiting to be sold on Ebay), I have 1 and 2 sizes ago, there are the current sizes, and then I have a few things that are too big yet still have a place in my closet. Rationally I know that I should get rid of the things that don't fit, but I seem to be unable to let go of them. I keep thinking that one day, I'm going to be XXX pounds and I will fit in to those size XX jeans/pants/tops. I know that it's not healthy to keep things that don't fit, especially if they're too small and you see them every day, but part of me isn't ready to say goodbye. The other part of me wants to try everything on and get rid of anything that doesn't make me feel fabulous, perhaps while eating cheesecake. Do you all ever find yourself in this position?
Stuffed closets and delicious cheesecake aside, I'd like to take a moment to thank my wonderful boyfriend D for taking the pictures today. It's so much easier when you have someone climbing on chairs in the backyard to get a good shot. :)

Blue cardigan: Ann Taylor Loft ($34, May 2010)
Yellow tank: Old Navy (May 2010)
Brown pants: NY & Co (2008)
Gray shoes: Clarks via 6pm ($24, October 2009)
Earrings: Stella & Dot via Ebay ($35, June 2010)
Bracelet: NY & Co ($6, October 2009)

4 Click here to comment :):

Natalie said...

(1) I think I have those pants!

(2) Love the cardi with the yello top!

K said...

Thanks Natalie :) I actually had the black version of these pants out to wear today and then I realized brown would look much better. I think they're the 7th Ave. style. I don't think NY & Co makes pants the same way anymore because their fit seems to be totally different now. I hate how low cut everything is in the waist! Anyway, I hope you have a good night :)

Bombshell Beauty said...

This is a great outfit - very polished, yet cheerful!

Natalie said...

Yes those are the pants! I have them in black, brown, tan and grey! I'm so sad they don't sell them anymore. One time, they brought them back temporarily. I ordered 2 of my 4 pairs at that time!