Tuesday, June 29, 2010

what you don't know won't kill you...

(click photos to enlarge)

Good morning all,

I always feel like I'm in a better mood when I wear yellow. It's too bad I only own a couple of yellow clothing items. I needed an extra boost today because I'm going to be fairly busy at work. What's your feel-good color?

(this was my first attempt this morning-a perfect headless shot, no cropping needed!)

I got this shrug back in May during Lane Bryant's extra 40% sale. I originally bought it to wear with the dress below (which I also got on clearance), but I'm finding the shrug to be quite versatile (and comfortable).
(credit)

I hope you all have a lovely Tuesday!

Blue shrug: Lane Bryant ($19, May 2010)
Yellow dress: Old Navy ($11 on sale + coupon, May 2010)
Brown sandals: Target ($23, May 2010)
Necklace: Ann Taylor via Ebay (2009)
Bracelet: Ann Taylor Loft ($20, April 2010)

6 Click here to comment :):

Bombshell Beauty said...

What a great outfit - I love the yellow dress!

I own the floral dress for which you bought the cardigan. Love it, too!

Natalie said...

Um, why have I never seen that yellow dress at ON?! Love the yellow and blue--so cheerful and vibrant!

K said...

Thanks you two! It's funny, I didn't even give the floral dress a second thought when I saw it on the website but it's so much prettier and more flattering in person.

Natalie-The dress is here if you're interested, but only two sizes are left in the yellow: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=53594&vid=8&pid=751853&scid=751853022

Lesa said...

I love yellow too, but I am never sure how to wear it. I have two pairs of yellow vintage shoes that are beautiful. Maybe I will try that blue. Looks great and sunny!

Kasmira said...

That dress is so pretty! I love the sunny color and the angled stripes. So flattering.

K said...

Lesa-I used to hate yellow, but have really grown to like it. As long as it's not neon highlighter-ish :) I think next time I'll pair the dress with purple or green. Don't be afraid of your yellow vintage finds!

Kasmira-Long time no see! Thanks for stopping by :) I just got another dress with angled stripes and I agree, it does do nice things to the body shape.