Tuesday, July 20, 2010

man of a thousand faces...

(click any photo to enlarge)

Hi all,

I'm having a tough time focusing today, and I'm resisting the urge to drink more than one cup of coffee to counteract my tiredness :)
Cardigan: Target ($7.49, May 2009)
Dress: Target ($6, October 2009)
White tank: Ann Taylor Loft ($3, 2009)
Shoes: Clarks via Ebay ($15.50 for 2 pairs, July 2010)
Earrings: Stella & Dot via Ebay ($30, June 2010)
Necklace: Anniversary Gift (July 2010)


The lovely Natalie gave me an award, which pretty much made my morning. So here are another ten things about myself (and links to 6 other blogs at the bottom).

1) I don't travel much. Outside of my Mexico archaeology class I've only been to around 6 states (give or take a couple).

2) I'm terrified of flying. One winter (before 9/11) I was flying up to DC to visit family with my mother. About 15 min. into the flight we heard a huge "BOOM" noise. It turns out one of the plane engines had failed. I was told that we would have been fine (the plane had two engines) but we made an emergency landing in West Palm Beach and got on another plane.

3) I'm copying Natalie here :) My first job was at Arby's. I could tell you horror stories about their "roast beef". And although they're tasty, you might want to avoid their shakes.

4) I have never won a raffle or random drawing contest.

5) I was the tallest kid in my school up until 4th grade (then I switched schools).

6) There were under 100 kids at the first school I was enrolled at (it was private; it also explains how I was the tallest).

7) I was a band nerd in high school (flute/oboe).

8) I have a tower of shoes in our spare bedroom. It's height has surpassed my head.

9) I don't believe in astrology, but I enjoy hearing about the different predictions.

10) I haven't kept in close contact with most of my high school friends.

Now it's your turn (that is, if you're into this sort of thing; no pressure). I nominate these lovely ladies:

Bombshell Beauty
Work With What You've Got
Closet Bliss
Always Summer
Juxta-Posing
Everyday Wear

(6 is the new 10, yes)

4 Click here to comment :):

Bombshell Beauty said...

Thanks, K!! How sweet. I really appreciate the honor. I also appreciate your super-cute outfit today. Well done!

Natalie said...

OMG, I played the flute too!!!!

Also, lovely dress and super cute earrings! I have been coveting those for a while, so I need to start searching on ebay for them!

Lesa said...

Love the colors and especially the earrings! Thanks so much or the award
xoxoxxo

V said...

Thanks K! I appreciate the blog love and what a great outfit!