Tuesday, July 6, 2010

an office tour...

(click photos to enlarge)
 

Much like every other Monday, I was running a bit late today and I didn't have a chance to take my own photo this morning. So D came to my office and kindly took a few in (thanks, D!)

So first, let me introduce you to my bulletin board. I tried to edit out anything that could be personally identifying but I think you all will get the idea. This board is where all of my post cards, drawings, photos and random papers end up when they enter my office. I like to put things up that remind me that I might have a life outside of work (or at least pretend to).

Then we have my "window", courtesy of the local dollar store. A few of us minion underlings here at work like to bemoan the fact that we don't have window offices* (and won't for at least another 5 years), and it's become a joke to create new ways to have our own windows. When my coworker and I saw these huge fake tropical windows at the dollar store we knew we had found our own solution. I plan on decorating the birds for the major holidays, but I can't seem to settle on names for them. Any suggestions?

I hope you all have a great Tuesday!

*Before anyone gets judgy I'd like to clarify that I love and appreciate having my own private office. I'm not discounting how great a personal office space is, however, in my work environment the next step up is a window office (instead of a nicer cubicle) so that is what we underlings look forward to.
**Interesting fact: At my last place of employment the promotion bonus was a plant.

Striped tee: Lane Bryant ($16, November 2009)
Jeans: Ann Taylor Loft (less than $30, 2009)
Shoes (they're red): 6pm ($24, October 2009)
Necklace: Stella & Dot via Craigslist ($45, June 2010)

3 Click here to comment :):

Dustin said...

If it were a talkative, singing, "Feed me, Seymour" type of plant, that would be much better than a window.

Cynthia said...

Love the stripe top on you, very slimming.

K said...

Thanks Cynthia :) I've been hesitant to wear stripes in the past but now I fully embrace them.