Friday, August 20, 2010

confetti fun!

(mental note-don't take pictures of pasty white ladies in front of an even more pasty white vinyl siding...oopsies)

Good morning all,

Let's take a moment to talk about Target.**  Like so many of you, I love that store. I walk in for milk and cookies and walk out with half a wardrobe and a crying wallet. But I've always had reservations about Target's pants. You see, I have never fit into them. I've tried sizing up, down, and around and they have always fit badly at any size for me. This isn't a new problem-I haven't purchased pants from Target in quite some time. So a couple weeks ago I was browsing through their clearance clothing (milk and cookies forgotten) and I came across what they called "premium shaping" jeans, or something of that nature. Since I adore Calvin Klein's shape jeans but hate the price, I figured I would give Target's jeans a try. Imagine my surprise when they fit! They're the right length for flats or a small heel, a great wash, and they don't gape at the waist like so many pants seem to do on me. The best part? The $21 price tag. It looks like they're still full price on the website ($30, click here if you're a lucky size 20 or 22) but I nabbed two pairs of 'em in-store and today marks their debut. So tell me ladies, where do you buy your favorite jeans?

Tonight the boy and I are going to a friend's birthday party. I think sushi and bowling are on the agenda, and I'm debating what to wear. I guess skirts and dresses are out if I'm hurling 10 lbs down a wooden plank. I hope you all have a lovely Friday!

PS-None of today's outfit was bought online! Inconceivable! Also, unplanned!

PPS-Have you checked out the awesome give-away at My Wardrobe Today/BlogHer? Click here to check it out!

**No, Target didn't ask me to write a review or compensate me in any way. Although I wouldn't mind it if they did because I spend half my salary there anyway. So if you're reading this almighty Target masters, call me!

Top: Ann Taylor Outlet ($18, July 2010)
Jeans: Target ($20.98, August 2010)
Sandals: Clarks Outlet ($50, July 2010)

2 Click here to comment :):

Linda said...

I agree. I wasn't a fan of Target pants (especially since I had to buy a bigger size) but recently have had better luck. I lost a wee bit of weight so maybe that helped. Although I am currently loving Old Navy pants!

K said...

Linda-I'm a sucker for ON pants too. I haven't bought any recently but most of my dress pants are from their 2008/2009 line. :)