Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Empty fields move me so much more than rooms filled up with friends...(bayside)


Good morning all,

I woke up this morning swearing it was Thursday, and looking forward to having the weekend so close. Then Tuesday hit me in the face. *le sigh*

I tried to grab a picture of myself in the car. I'm not wearing anything exciting today, just this shirt with my wonderful calvin klein jeans and my black fishtail sandals.

Since my recent decision to get bangs I've been struggling with how to deal with them in the humidity. Over the weekend instead of blow drying them with a big round brush I tried using my straightening iron at it's highest setting and ending up frying them. This morning I tried it with the iron 100 degrees cooler and my bangs turned out exactly like I hoped they would. Although I have to say, it's very hard for me to wield a 350 degree instrument at 7am (I'm already not-so-graceful), especially when it's already 80 degrees outside.

I hope you all have a great non-Thursday!

Top: Old Navy ($20, May 2010)
Unseen jeans: Calvin Klein ($48, January 2010)
Unseen sandals: Target ($18, May 2010)
Necklace: H&M (October 2009)

3 Click here to comment :):

Lesa said...

Bangs are hard, I have had some form of them all of my life as I have a huge forehead. My best look is straitening them, the humidity of South Florida is always a challenge so some mornings I put just a little bit of hairspray just on the bangs.

Natalie said...

I hate when I wake up thinking it is the wrong day! It is such a disappointment!

K said...

Lesa-Believe it or not I've never tried hairspray. I might have to pick some up the next time I'm out :)

Natalie-It's only good when I wake up on a Sat and realize it's not a workday and I can roll over and go back to sleep :) Those days are rare though.