Monday, August 30, 2010

this time next week I will be more relaxed...


Hi all,

I need to take a moment to vent. I'm in a style rut. I'm tired of dressing for the heat, or for feeling bloated, or for rain. I'm sick of my bangs getting stuck to my forehead in the heat and I can't stand when they're flat from humidity or ruffled by wind. Every day I just want to throw on something over-sized and comfortable and not put any effort into my appearance. If I owned any hats I would be wearing them now. Last week featured all jeans every day (Monday's was a jean skirt) because I just didn't feel like stuffing myself into pants or dealing with dresses.

Sometimes it's hard for me to remember that although my work is very casual, I do feel better when I put some sort of effort into my appearance. Not to mention the followers I would lose here if I started dressing in jersey pants and t-shirts every day. ;)

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying (in a very roundabout way...I got about 3 hours of sleep last night) is thanks for reading, and although I'm in a rut now my goal is to be back to "normal" by the beginning of next week. Thanks for sticking with me folks.

White cardigan: Ann Taylor Loft ($24, May 2010)
Leaf tank: Ann Taylor Outlet ($13, July 2010)
Brown pants: Old Navy (2009)
Sandals: Amazon ($20, August 2010)
Necklace: Ann Taylor Loft (2008)

4 Click here to comment :):

The Fairy Glade said...

I know how you feel, I have been stuck in a rut clothes wise for years, hence the dress on ebay and a couple more besides since I last commented on your blog. A few pairs of shoes have also made an appearance. Still not sure about posting pictures of myself. I find that very difficult as I am a big and my blog is usually just about crafting etc! Trying to fix a hairdressers appointment with a lady who comes to the house but she is difficult to pin down at the moment, due to school holidays. I can't really afford salon prices. How about you having shorter hair so that your bangs don't get ruffled or flat? Here in the UK we used to call bangs, flicks. Both a bit odd don't you think. Looking forward to you getting your mojo back. Dev x

Bombshell Beauty said...

I'm so with you. Ugh to this never-ending summer malarky. For the record, I think you always look good. I especially like the tank you're wearing today.

Natalie said...

I've been in a serious rut too! My hair is always greasy, clothes are all boring, blah blah. Hangin in with you here!

Sarah R said...

I understand it too. And I'm jealous of all you northern people. I've got at least two good months of summer to deal with before I can even experience 80 degrees or less (Florida!) Plus I'm hating my hair right now, and having trouble finding work-out clothes that I like. Sigh. This has to be an August thing.