Monday, September 27, 2010

and so the long process of growing my bangs out starts...


Good morning all,

How was your weekend? Mine involved a lovely Saturday night date, the movie "Sharktopus" followed by AMC's sunday night Rubicon, add a side of cat lounging and all in all not a bad couple of days. 


I had a crappy morning as far as getting ready today. I recently bought a wide-toothed comb, which I'm told will make my hair look better because curly hair doesn't like being brushed (sorry past 12+ years..my bad. My hair used to be wavy. Then the great middle school perm came along and it's been curly ever since). Anyway, since I'm not used to wielding a comb I snagged one of the teeth on my ear cartilage piercing and ripped it out. Ugh, not a recommended experience at any time of day, let alone 6:45am. So I replaced the hoop with a stud (which I think I'll just keep for a while) and by the time everything was said and done I really didn't feel like styling my bangs...Well, let's be honest, I never feel like dealing with bangs. Perhaps I'll just keep pulling them back until they're long enough to blend into layers. *le sigh* Do any of you have curly hair and bangs? How do you manage it?

Ripped piercings aside, I hope you all have a lovely day. Mine is sure to get better :)

Sweater: Lane Bryant ($5 via livejournal, August 2010)
Top: Ann Taylor Outlet ($18, July 2010)
Jeans: Calvin Klein ($48, January 2010)
Shoes: Nine West Outlet ($20, July 2010)

3 Click here to comment :):

Iris said...

I hope your day and your ear gets better! Love your shirt :)

The Fairy Glade said...

Ouch!!...that must have hurt! Is that a patchwork quilt I spy underneath that sweet looking Kitty? Have you thought of having a fringe and just blowing drying it under with a round brush..would only take a few seconds. I used to do that when I had my curly perm. Devx

K said...

Thank you Iris! My day got better once I got home..sort of..heh.

Hi Dev! That is a patchwork quilt, although it's not home made. I got it from Urban Outfitters a while back when they were all on sale :) Do you mean trying fringe bangs? Right now I do blow dry them with a round brush, and then straighten them with a straightening iron...I just hate adding steps to my "getting ready" routine. Especially if I happen to walk outside and into rain w/out an umbrella. All that hair work for nothing! :)