Wednesday, September 15, 2010

a daily outfit change...


Hi all,

This was not what I originally wanted to wear today. My plans involved a plain charcoal gray dress with which to show off the beautiful shoes pictured below.

(credit)
Now I'm not going to lie. These shoes were not cheap ($73.50 w/a discount on amazon). Normally when I'm eyeballing something online I'll sit on it for up to a week. Especially with shoes. Double especially when they're over $50. But when I came across these beauties I actually gasped and only managed to wait one whole day before deciding I had to have them. After my almost instant gratification (thank you amazon prime; even though I specified free 2-day shipping I got them in one) I was looking forward to wearing them today. But when this morning came around the temps were too low for the flimsy gray dress so I went with this outfit instead. But I promise you, those shoes are going to be on my feet very soon :)

Anyway, on to the outfit I actually wore today. I bought this cardigan with this exact dress in mind. I have paired the dress with other colors but I thought a nice dark gray would look good with it, and dark gray might be the one color cardigan I didn't previously own. I like this ON cardigan because it's a soft jersey material, but the material is a little heavier, which I like for the upcoming months.

Hope you all have a good one!

Gray cardigan: Old Navy ($13.65, August 2010)
Dress: Nordstrom ($65, December 2009)
Sandals: Ebay ($15.50/3, July 2010)
Necklace: Lia Sophia via Ebay (2009)

3 Click here to comment :):

Iris said...

I like the outfit you wore today but, I can't wait to see those new shoes!

K said...

Thanks Iris. I can't wait to wear them :)

The Fairy Glade said...

Oh I so love these shoes and wish you luck wearing them. Thanks for the comment about wearing shoes in, but I just know that the shoes I told you about are not for me and I have already passed them on to a friend who loved them when they arrived. Sadly a second pair from ebay are too big and today the most gorgeous brown suede pair arrived only for me to find that they are too small because the lady had listed them wrongly. So disappointed because I love them, but no good. I have politely asked her for a refund and am now feeling that perhaps shoes that can't be tried on first are not such a good idea. So for now, I will give them a miss on ebay I think and stick to the shops. Dev x