Tuesday, September 7, 2010

fireworks at dawn...

(Tuesday-work)
Good afternoon all,

I just finished a phone call and realized that I said "oh, it's a Monday" when asked how my day was going. So I decided to take a break and update the 'ol blog. 

How was your weekend? Mine was pretty fabulous. As I mentioned last week, my grandmother celebrated her 91st birthday on Sunday so I decided to try out some new eye make-up during night of our family birthday dinner. I love the colors and the eyeshadow primer ensured that the color stayed put all night :)
(make-up shot)
In another "first" for me, something I swore I would never do, I wore leggings as pants! Huge, right? After making triple sure that my tunic top did indeed cover my broad behind I decided to venture out in public with the leggings/pants. I know I'm pretty much the last person to figure this out, but leggings are comfortable! I was quite pleased with many of the photos, so I'm sharing them all with you.

(Sunday night)
(cute couple, eh?)
I hope you all have a lovely Tuesday!

Sunday night:
Tunic top: Macy's ($36, March 2010)
Leggings: Lane Bryant ($17, September 2009)
Sandals: Target ($13.98, July 2010)
Earrings: Stella & Dot via Ebay ($35, June 2010)
Necklace: Ann Taylor Loft via Ebay (?, 2008)

Tuesday:
Sweater/cardigan: Livejournal sale ($5, August 2010)
Dress: Target ($20, July 2010)
Teal tank: Old Navy (2008)
Sandals: Piperlime ($20, July 2010)
Necklace: Chico's Outlet (gifted, July 2010)

7 Click here to comment :):

ThriftyMomma said...

Love the tunic w/ leggings. You should do leggings more often Just perfect. I still have not ventured to try them although I own a pair. Maybe I shoud try! That Tunic is fantastic..love the black/white then the pops of color.

Iris said...

I love the sandals you are wearing in the top outfit they are so cute!

Cynthia said...

Love the leggings look. The tunic is lovely.

K said...

Thanks ThriftyMomma! The tunic is by Alfani from Macy's. You should try your leggings! :)

Hi Iris! I started out with pointy flats and thought the sandals would look better. I'm glad you like it!

Cynthia-Long time no talk! Thanks :)

Sarah R said...

I bought that same Target dress! (the brown and cream) It's one of my favorites!

K said...

Hi Sarah-I love it too :) It doesn't wrinkle and the length is perfect. I will admit I bought it in the blue pattern as well :)

Sarah R said...

Oh man, I didn't see it in blue! You lucky girl!