Monday, September 13, 2010

I'll subtract pain by ounces. Yeah, I will start painting houses, if things come alive...(interpol)

(sorry for the blurriness; the sun wasn't out in full force this morning)
Happy afternoon,

Did you all have a good weekend? Mine was pretty enjoyable. I left work early on Friday because I wasn't feeling well but by Saturday I was feeling like myself again and we went and saw Resident Evil: Afterlife. Normally I don't go to a movie on opening weekend (or to see it in 3D) but D was nice enough to go with me and the theater had less than 30 people in it so all was well.


My weather reporter grandma said it would be going up to 85 today so I wanted to break out these new-to-me shoes I won on ebay. I lovelovelove the color but sadly I haven't worn them much around the office because they hit my toes in a way that makes it impossible for me to walk without pain. Perhaps some socks and breaking in are in order for next weekend. Do you all have any new shoe tips/advice? As you can see, I already put some heel cushions in them.


Before I go I have a confession to make to you all. I'm a fan of Target's maternity section, and I am in no way/shape/form pregnant. Please tell me I'm not the only one. I mean, you don't have to have another human being floating around in you for their clothing to be comfortable and flattering! I'm mentioning this because I've gotten quite a few compliments on today's dress, and when I say it's from Target people have said that they haven't seen it before, which prompts me to tell them to look in the maternity section. Then before they can die of shock or congratulate me (depending on how well they know me) I assure them that I am not pregnant thankyousoverymuch but yes, non-preggers can wear maternity clothing. Agree? Disagree? Help me out here...

Have a good one!

Yellow cardigan: Ann Taylor Loft via Ebay ($19, June 2010)
Purple Dress: Target ($24.99, July 2010)
Green sandals: Ann Taylor Loft via Ebay ($7, September 2010)
Necklace: Etsy ($20, October 2009)

8 Click here to comment :):

Linda said...

Yup. I've bought some maternity stuff from Target and I'm not preggo either. I completely agree with you.

K said...

Glad to hear it. The look I got from my coworker was enough to make me rethink some of my maternity purchases :)

ThriftyMomma said...

I have before. Glad I'm not the only one! Some of their stuff is so cute...love the Green shoes! The other day I was cleaning out my closet for my Ebay and etsy shop and I found the mangled peacock blouse that I have like yours...that I altered and just made worse. Anyhow I thought about your comments about the shirt too and I had to laugh.

Maria said...

I've bought maternity dresses from Target too. I just size down and all looks good. They have some really cute prints, so why not.

Sarah R said...

My daughter who is 15 has purchased maternity swimsuits. Good luck finding a swimsuit that doesn't pull when you're apple shaped. No one can ever tell. I cut the tags out to make her feel better, lol.
Some of their tops are really cute, too.
Those shoes are a beautiful color.

Iris said...

The maternity stuff at Target is freakin' fab! I pick a dress up off the rack at a thrift store and tried it on and fell in love before realizing that it was indeed a maternity dress from Target... I bought it anyway and no one has been the wiser yet. I don't think there's anything wrong with it but, I always feel wierd about admitting that to people since I am also not preggers...

K said...

ThriftyMomma-Thanks! Good luck selling the peacock top. I think I might put some stuff up on ebay tonight since they're having the 10 cent listing special.

Maria-Good to know. I usually get my regular size but I'm going to start trying on a size down to see what happens :)

Thanks Sarah! I've never thought about getting a maternity swimsuit (and now I'm going to look). I usually go with one of those swimdresses that people love or hate.

Iris-I agree; admitting it's maternity to my coworkers (many of whom are pregnant or plan to be) always makes me feel funny, but it's really only come up a couple of times. I'm always afraid I'll see someone in the same outfit that is actually pregnant, which would make me feel really odd. Silly worries, I know. :)

Cynthia said...

Love the green shoes. I hope they feel better on soon!