Monday, October 4, 2010

hello Monday, please go away.


Hi all,

Sorry for my absence over the past week. I don't mean to be a downer, but life has just not been going as planned, and taking blog pictures just fell into the ever-growing pile of things I haven't had the energy to accomplish. Hopefully things will start to be back on track this week, although if today is any indication of the days to come I'm not getting my hopes up.

As you know, I try to keep this blog rather impersonal and clothing related, but right now I need to vent. And just to warn you, it's long...

Since buying my new car (and getting the tags/title here instead of Florida) I have made two attempts to get a Maryland driver's license. The first time I didn't even make it past the customer service desk (I only had my "temporary" title, which wasn't good enough and I had to wait for my real title to be processes and mailed out). This morning I made it through everything except the part where I actually get handed my license. Instead of a wonderfully flattering picture declaring me a MD citizen, I got a piece of paper telling me that something is wrong with my license in Florida's database and I need to call them to figure out what's going on before I can switch it over to MD. So I used the number the MD people gave me, and it was out of service. My friend used her phone/internet and got another two customer service numbers, one of which was eternally busy and the other which was out of service. So finally I called 411 asking for the FL DMV. After I got a working number I was put on hold for 45 minutes. In the meantime my friend found another number for me to try, so I hung up with the first one and tried the second one, only to be put on hold for another 15 minutes. By that time it was close to noon, and both of us said we would be at work around lunchtime. So I hung up, figuring I'd try again once I got to work. So I tried again and got put on hold for 30 minutes, and then an automated message came on and said that they were experiencing an unusual problem, and to call back later. SERIOUSLY!

So I went online to see if I could find anything out that way. I entered in my FL Driver's license on the DMV website and got a message telling me my license has been suspended/revoked. Surprise! They didn't have any record of my Maryland insurance, so they suspended my license, effective today. Awesome, right? So I put in my insurance policy number/company, and supposedly my license is now "valid". But I want to make sure everything is in the clear before I go to the MD DMV for a third time, so I guess I'll have to call and be put on hold for another hour before hoping to talk to someone alive and breathing.

There's so much to look forward to today I can barely stand it! How was everyone's weekend? Tell me something wonderful and exciting, please.

There is one good thing going for today-I got a new spot to take photos. 

Happy (not really) Monday!

Striped sweater: Liz Claiborne via TJ Maxx ($15, Summer 2010)
Brown plaid pants: Target ($18, September 2010)
Brown shoes: Frye via DSW ($22ish, 2008)
Earrings: Stella & Dot via Ebay ($35, August 2010)
Necklace: Ann Taylor Loft ($10, December 2009)

2 Click here to comment :):

Linda said...

Ugh. What a pain! Hope everything gets resolved quickly.
Love the stripped top!

Dustin said...

I'm sorry you had to battle such a ferocious, three-headed clusterfrustration today, Darlin'. You look incredible in the green. Also, I love your hair today (as always).