Monday, November 29, 2010

happy 300th post!


Good morning everyone,

How was your Thanksgiving? I hope everyone's plans went well. Our Thanksgiving dinner was very tasty, but of course to me everything tastes better when you don't have to prepare it :) We ended up staying at my Aunt's house for a while and then heading home to sleep off our food comas. 

Have you all found any good buys between Black Friday and Cyber Monday? I feel like I managed not to spend too much, but my credit card statement will probably say otherwise. :)

After all my talk about working on Friday I ended up having to take a day off because we had to take my grandmother to the ER at 2am Friday morning. Fun, yeah? Fortunately my grandmother is fine. She was having trouble breathing when she tried to go to sleep on Thursday night and it turns out she had a large amount of fluid in her lungs. They were able to sort it all out at the hospital and she's been home resting since Saturday. Hopefully this will be the last time she has to go into the hospital for a while. *fingers crossed*

Anyway, today's outfit is what I planned for Friday. The pants are my new favorites. They are Ann Taylor's "Perfect Legging", which has since sold out, and I feel absolutely fantastic in them. In the past I haven't had luck with AT pants (I have better odds at the Loft) and these just exceeded all of my expectations. I was expecting a sort of thick knit legging, but instead they are a great straight leg dress pant. Originally $98, and I got them for $16 a couple weeks ago when they had their extra 25% off and the 30% friends and family sale. In fact, I got 2 more pairs during the extra 40% sale, and I will definitely treat them with care because according to one of Ann Taylor's reps, they are no longer making them. Figures, right?


Happy Monday!

Striped corsage sweater: Ann Taylor Loft ($17.49, October 2010)
Black pants: Ann Taylor ($16, November 2010)
Gray shoes: DSW ($35, November 2010)
Necklace: Stella & Dot via Craigslist ($45, June 2010)

3 Click here to comment :):

Kimberly said...

Happy 300! I love that sweater and those pants do look fab. There is just something so chic about a skinny pair of black pants!

Linda said...

Congrats on #300! Love the pants. They look pretty comfy.

K said...

Thanks Kimberly! I never thought I would be wearing skinny pants, but these just work for me :)

Linda-Thank you! They are very comfortable. Instead of a front closure they zip up the side, and it makes for a nice stretchy flat front section, which I appreciate :)