Thursday, November 18, 2010

my take on the traveling scarf


 
Good morning everyone,

I have been anxiously waiting for the weather to clear up to get a better picture and play my part in Kimberly's Traveling Scarf exercise :) To be honest, FabFindsUnder50 was one of the first fashion blogs I started reading, and Kimberly was (and still is) a great inspiration to me. So when she decided to partner up with Affordable Scarves and send out another scarf, I definitely wanted in on the action. I decided I wanted to do something different with the scarf, so I tied it around the top of an otherwise very lowcut dress (click here for another view of the dress) and secured it with fashion tape. Then I threw a matching cardigan over it, and bam, another outfit for a day at the office.


Happy Thursday!

Yellow cardi: Ann Taylor Loft ($30, 2009)
Scarf/top: Courtesy of Affordable Scarves
Brown dress: CAbi Outlet ($25ish, July 2009)
Shoes: Poetic License "Delish" via MustHaveShoes ($70.56, September 2010)
Necklace: Gifted (July 2010)
Belt: NY & Co (2009)

5 Click here to comment :):

Dustin said...

Every time I come across a scene of lush fall foliage, I think "This could use some smoldering K beauty right in the center of it."

Kimberly said...

Absolutely adore what you did with the scarf!! And those shoes are marvelous!!

Sarah R said...

I wouldn't have even guessed it was a scarf!

Katie, Interrobangs Anonymous said...

You know that those are the most amazing shoes ever, right? Good, just checking.

K said...

Thanks Kim!

Sarah-I did it well then :) A few of my coworkers didn't believe me so I showed them how it was tied around my waist under the cardigan. I'm happy it didn't fall down during the day :)

Katie-Yes, these shoes are amazing. I have them in all three colors and not only are they amazing, but they're comfortable too! :) Thanks for stopping by!