Friday, November 5, 2010

Stranger in a strange land...

As promised, here are some shots of what I wore while gallivanting around Chicago and Milwaukee. Unfortunately we didn't get too many photos during our Milwaukee stay, but I managed to get pictures during both days in Chicago :)

Chicago Day 1:



Black moto jacket: NY & Co ($32, October 2009)
Lace dress: Macy's ($26.70, October 2010)
Black tights: Spanx
Boots: Ann Taylor Loft ($56, December 2008)
Pearl Necklace: Gifted (July 2010)


Chicago Day 2:


Same black jacket
Yellow scarf: Target ($12.99, October 2010)
Striped top: Target ($3.24, August 2010)
Black flats: Nine West Outlet ($20, July 2009)
Yellow bag: T.J. Maxx ($15, October 2010)

Last Night in Milwaukee:
Black cardigan: Ann Taylor Loft ($24, May 2010)
Dress: Anne Klein via Macy's ($38.70, October 2010)
Black tights: Spanx
Boots: ($56, December 2008)
Pearl necklace: Gifted (July 2010)


Same black jacket
Patterned tunic: Macy's ($36, March 2010)
Jeans: Ann Taylor Loft ($32, May 2008)

So, can we spend a moment on the clothes? Of course I wore a bunch of other things around Wisconsin, but I'm lacking picture proof. I wore the yellow scarf every single day, and I was so thankful that I brought it with me. The yellow bag was one of my Chicago purchases (it's funny that we went to T.J. Maxx, since we go there quite often back home). And that Anne Klein suit dress? Worth every penny. You can't tell from the photo but the gray skirt has a lovely subtle pinstripe, and the top has polka dots. And the best part is that there's a tank top built in! It's the perfect classy business dress, which I will probably wear all of once a year :) Also, the last 2 photos were taken on our last night in Milwaukee, and by then I was very ready to be back home.

Anyway, I hope you all have a lovely weekend! The boy's sister is flying in tonight and we're going to take her around DC for the next couple of days. I'll be back on Tuesday :)

2 Click here to comment :):

ThriftyMomma said...

All the outfits are Wonderful. Esp like the "last night in Milwaukee" You look teeny tiny....I guess I better get that kind of silhouette going lol..still love that tunic from macy's.....Your Necklace is on it's way...Yippy. LOL, no the ducks are outside!

K said...

Thank you! That dress does wonderful things for me :) If I spy the tunic on ebay I'll definitely let you know :)