Tuesday, November 16, 2010

trying to dress for rain...


Good morning,

Before I straightened my hair I recall looking at the forecast to see if it would be raining in the next couple days. For some reason I don't remember them calling for floods today, but unfortunately it does seem to be heavily raining. Knowing I'd have to walk a little more swiftly than usual (to get from my car to my work building) I decided to play it safe in pants and break out my "new" boots. By new, I mean I bought them 6 months ago and have been saving them for colder weather.

Some of you may remember that last year I was on the hunt for some dark gray boots. I found these back in May, and they are exactly what I wanted. They have a cute studded strap that goes around the heel, and it makes me feel slightly cowgirlesque. :) Apparently the shoes are vegan too, which is nice (but not a necessity for me. Sunday's leather jacket purchase is made of 100% goat...)

(credit)

Also, this top? I used to wear it once a week before the blog made me start a laundry routine. Ok, I'm kidding about the laundry part, but I really did wear it all the time. I actually have two of these tops. I wore the first one so often that it got to be faded, and now I keep it in my office in case I need to change my shirt for any reason. So far I've only had to break it out for kickball practice (I was wearing a dress on the day we decided to randomly practice our kicking skills). I found the one I'm wearing on ebay :) Do you all keep an extra set of clothes at work?

I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!

Gray cardi: Old Navy ($21, March 2010)
Floral top: Ann Taylor Loft via Ebay ($10, 2010)
Black pants: Ann Taylor Loft ($20, 2008)
Gray boots: ModCloth ($45, May 2010)
Necklace: Stella & Dot via Craigslist ($34.50, April 2010)

4 Click here to comment :):

Linda said...

I should keep extra clothes at work but I don't. I have a tendency to spill stuff on me and could use an extra top!

Joy said...

I love those boots!! I need a pair just like them!!

I should keep extra clothes at work. I've been known to run to the dollar store b/c I spilled something on myself!

http://southerncomfortga.blogspot.com/

K said...

Linda-I actually started keeping a pair of pants at work a couple years ago, and I didn't think about having gained weight, so when I needed them it was a bit of a stretch to put them on. Now I try to remember to change them out every so often :)

Joy-Thanks! They're exactly what I've been wanting as far as color and style. For some reason the cognac ones are a little more stiff than the gray ones, but still awesome. Thanks for stopping by :)

Iris said...

My straight hair and rain are attracted to each other like a moth to flame. It wasn't a big deal when I was getting my hair straightened but, now that I am doing it myself it makes a different!