Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Apparently I am terrified of wind...


Good morning everyone,

I had a hard time getting to sleep last night. The weather was unusually windy last night/this morning, and it made a terrible noise as it blew along our roof and the surrounding houses. Now, I'm not usually frightened by things like the wind, rain, lightning, etc...but I think I'm getting more afraid of "mundane" things as I get older. I mean, I grew up in FL. I've been through countless hurricanes. Wind should be a minor inconvenience to me at this point, yet it kept me up last night. I think I'll just blame it on post traumatic hurricane related stress or something. Or maybe I'm feeling older and more vulnerable. My birthday is right around the corner. Have you all gone through anything similar to this? Tell me about your fears :)

Alright, now that you all know my current worries and fears I'll try to move on to more important things. Things like boots. I think it's fairly obvious that I have a love for shoes (with an extra weakness for boots). Unlike shopping for clothes, I don't have to go to a special store to buy shoes (unless a wide calf is necessary), and I can browse at tons of shoes online (many with free shipping/return options). So a couple years ago I went through a boot buying bonanza. The boyfriend would probably argue that I'm still on a shoe buying streak, but believe me, the boot buying was bad. To try to put it in context, I had one pair of black clunky boots, I was working at my first "real" job, and I had just survived my first northern winter. At the time I worked in downtown DC, and I saw all of these beautiful sophisticated women traveling to and from work, not one with a clunky black boot (ok, probably one, but you get what I mean). Pointy toes, stiletto heels, heights of all varieties, colors galore...I mean, I really didn't know boots could be so lovely! I decided I needed to get on the fashionable boot train. And before I knew it, I had acquired at least 5 pairs of boots. Nothing crazy, all shades of brown and black, but pointy-toed leather "grown-up" boots. The pair I have on today is one of the pairs I bought back then. And you know the whole reason I'm telling you all this? Because this is the first time I've worn them. For some reason the other pairs I bought at the same time have gotten tons of use, but not these. And don't get me wrong, I've bought many a pair of boots since then, but never so many at the same time. I guess I'm feeling sort of guilty about it. A little late for that, right?


Thanks for hearing me out :) Happy Wednesday!

Navy top: Ann Taylor Loft ($10.99, November 2010)
Brown pants: Target ($18, September 2010)
Brown boots: (2007)
Khaki trench: Macy's ($60ish, October 2009)
Scarf: Consignment Store ($14.95, Summer 2010)

2 Click here to comment :):

ThriftyMomma said...

Had to do catch up and read a few of your post. You do neutral well. Hey don't feel guilty about the boots. If I didn't have so many darn kids I'd have a closet of boots too...lol Thanks for the kind words:) I shall survive as I always do and kick some @ss in the process..did I say that? :)

K said...

Thrifty-I have no doubt that you will do some ass kicking. :)