Friday, December 17, 2010

a shiny sequined Friday


Good morning all,

I used to love snow. Actually, being a Floridian, I loved the idea of snow. It's easy to love something that sounds pretty, but you don't have to deal with it. Although my first winter up north I still loved snow, even after shoveling a driveway or two.

Now things have changed. Snow terrifies me. When faced with driving home from work in snowy conditions last night I actually gave serious thought to sleeping in my office instead of dealing with other drivers and potentially icy roads. Sad, yeah?

Today my coworkers are taking me out for an early birthday lunch, and you can bet I'm not volunteering to drive :) I wanted to look nice, but in a casual-nice-it's-Friday way, so I opted for sequins and jeans. My boots are new (did I say I wasn't buying any more boots? Hah!) and I managed not to fall in the snow on my way in to work today so they're good.
(credit)

Top (it's a cardi and a tank all in one!): Nordstrom Rack ($34.97, December 2010)
Jeans (this is the second pair I own, also purchased at a lower price): Target ($14.98, August 2010)
Flat black boots: 6pm ($19.99, December 2010)
Long necklace: Ann Taylor Loft ($7, June 2010)

6 Click here to comment :):

Joy said...

Love it! I LOVE LOVE sequins and think they should be worn every day, with everything!!

K said...

Thank you Joy! I've got to say that it's taken me a while to come around to sequins for whatever reason. This is my first sequin top and I think I'm hooked. I also can't stop looking down at them (I'm easily distracted), which could be interpreted in a good or bad way... :)

asiunia said...

You look very goog in longer, darker tops. They make You look much thiner :)

Sarah R said...

As a Floridian also, I've never driven in snow and I'd probably sleep in my office, too. It's so pretty and fun to play in, but drive? No thanks!
Oh, and happy birthday!

ThriftyMomma said...

Love the edge to those booties...the zipper detail is fantastic. Hope your doing great! I've been missing in action lately. Seasonal blues.......ugh! lol

K said...

Asiunia-Thank you!

Sarah-Sometimes I try to convine myself that I'm used to the snow, but I'm really not :) I don't know how my parents lived up here for so long.

Thrifty-Thanks! Welcome back :) I understand the seasonal blues. I'm having trouble finding the motivation to update the 'ol blog. Hope you have a happy holiday!