Wednesday, December 22, 2010

faking my way through Wednesday...


Good morning all,

I finally got myself into a dress this morning. Recently I've planned dresses into my outfits at least 3 times and when faced with putting it on in the morning, I found myself reaching for jeans and shirts. This morning I told myself that I'd wear this dress no matter how craptastic I felt in the morning. In reality I think I just hate the effort it takes to put on Spanx or other shapewear. :)


In hair news, I've been wanting a change for quite some time. In college I kept dying my hair red, until 4 years later when it was a deep dark scarlet red that was a total bitch to take out. To get back to my natural color I had to have my hair stripped twice in two days, and then live with a carrot orange color for months. So I vowed never to dye my hair again. Well, here we are many years later, and I just made an appointment to use some sort of "shading" in my hair. I want to try out a darker brown color, and from what I understand I'll be getting a sort of rinse-out shade that is temporary and will wash out after 28 washes. So I'm pretty excited (and scared). I'm getting it done at the local Ulta salon. Have any of you ever used Ulta's salon services? 


Happy Wednesday!

Dress: Target ($18 w/20% off and a 10% coupon, December 2010)
Tank: Kohl's (2008)
Tights: Spanx
Boots: Ann Taylor Loft ($56, December 2008)
Necklace: Stella & Dot via Craigslist ($34.50, April 2010)
Bird ring: Ebay (2009)
Red coat: Old Navy (2009)
Scarf: NY & Co ($4, June 2010)

6 Click here to comment :):

Sarah R said...

I think you look great in the dress. I love playing with hair color. My hair is naturally very dark and all I usually do is keep it dark, or add some reddish highlights. I've never bleached my hair to go in a different direction. But it could be fun! Enjoy your pampering.

Linda said...

Yay! Can't wait to see the new hair color. Love the dress. Looks fantastic on you!

Joy said...

That bird ring is gorgeous! I love it. And that coat is gorgeous too.

Lazy Madonna said...

You do look lovely in dresses, so worth the effort, I think :)

That ring is gorgeous!

K said...

Thanks all! I'm pretty nervous about getting my hair done tonight. My coworker went in yesterday (to the same stylist) for highlights and her hair is now purple...I guess she decided to do something crazy at the last minute. I think I'll stick with brown :)

The ring was a great ebay find. I've looked for similar rings for friends and I've had trouble finding a good price on one. I don't think I paid over $20 for mine.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend!

Iris said...

I love the dress, I'm glad you motivated and got "fancy"