Monday, December 27, 2010

new hair!


Good morning everyone,

How was your weekend? Mine started off with a 3 hour salon visit while getting my hair "glossed" (the color comes out in 28 washes). The hair stylist asked if I would like red undertones, which sounded nice, but when she was done applying the color only the red remained (instead of a reddish brown). So she had to mix up a dark brown color without any red and I went through the whole thing again. Good times! I love the color though. It's not at all what I was going for, but I'm happy with the result. I'm already scheming about what colors to start wearing more of. I'm thinking less red, more yellows and blues.


Did any of you celebrate Christmas? We went over to my aunt's house to eat dinner and exchange gifts. My aunt is a QVC fanatic and this past summer she bought a beautiful vase that has some lighted flowers in it. Well, I have been lusting after that decoration for months. I've even looked on QVC a few times, but it was always sold out. Well my aunt, being a wonderful relative that she is, bought a set for me, and another for my other aunt. She actually ordered them right after she ordered hers, and I guess they've sold out since. 

I hope you all are having a lovely Monday! 

Friday's outfit:
Black jacket: Faith 21 ($20, December 2010)
Top: Faith 21 ($18, December 2010)
Jeans: Target ($20.98, August 2010)
Black flats: Nine West Outlet ($20, July 2009)

 Today's outfit:
Gray cashmere sweater: Old Navy (2008)
Jeans: JCPenney ($28, January 2010)
Gray shoes: DSW ($35, November 2010)
Necklace: Lane Bryant (free, March 2010)
Scarf: Ann Taylor Loft (2010)

12 Click here to comment :):

Work With What You've Got said...

I. Love. It!

It is so flattering. I love the way it looks with your skin tone, just super pretty.

We did Christmas with Nathan's family, my family is next week!

Sarah R said...

Looooove the hair!

Linda said...

Love the hair. It looks fantastic!

Kimberly said...

The hair might not have been what you were going for, but dang, it was meant to be! You are looking fab!!

My mom is a complete QVC nut, so I got lots of goodies from there too.

Anonymous said...

I guess a mane (fringe) could really help You. And try to learn how to put rouge. You look so faintly and rouge could make Your face look slimmer.
When You put dresses with small pattern on You - You look 2x fatter.

Dustin said...

Hey, Anonymous. Arguably constructive criticism can be healthy...for you, me, everyone. However, please work on your capitalization skills. Also, I like Captain Caveman but it's only cute when HE talks like that.

K, you would look beautiful with a charred dead eagle wrapped around you.

Lesa said...

K,

You are beautiful, always! And the new hair color just brings out your features even more, I love it!

Have a Happy Holiday and just ignore/delete anonymous...those comments are always from someone who doesn't have the guts to leave their name. Plus they are totally false.

You Rock!

Lesa
Always Summer

ThriftyMomma said...

I love your hair!!!! the cut, the style, the color is fantastic....Just beautiful K, keep that style it's so chic!

Maria said...

wow, I LOVE your hair! It looks great on you. Really cute jacket on the first pictures too!

K said...

Thanks Erin! I hope your next family holiday goes well :)

Thank you Sarah and Linda!

Kimberly-I wonder how QVC got the older generation hooked? I browse on their website from time to time but my mom and both her sisters always tune in on the TV and it's the only online shopping they'll even consider doing. I find it all amusing :)

Lesa-Thank you! I hope your weather is getting warmer down in FL :)

Thrifty-Thank you! I plan on keeping my style, at least for the time being :)

Maria-Thank you! I've been looking for a knit motorcycle jacket to replace one I accidentally shrunk, and this one is totally perfect (especially when I got it for 25% off). It's so comfortable! I'm glad you like it :)

V said...

I absolutely LOVE your new hair color!

Iris said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new hair, it looks fantastic :)