Wednesday, December 29, 2010

a sick day


Hi all,

Today I woke up feeling like a ton of bricks hit me so I decided to take a day off and relax. The only problem is, when you're living with a blind 91 year old your sick day translates into her "get everything done" day. I'm not going to get too into it, but if I hear about her dishwasher maybe being broken (it's not) or her lack of laundry detergent (she has 3 economy sized bottles) one more time I might lose it. Patience is not one of my strong traits.


Anyway, I managed to get dressed this morning, since I knew it would make me feel better. I went for something comfy and cozy, which usually means a tunic and flat shoes. Today's boots are actually from my Florida trip (bought at Target) and they're quite comfortable. I had no idea Dolce Vita did a line for Target, and I'm very happy with the quality and comfort. It looks like they're on clearance online now too (click here if you're interested). The hardware is actually gold, not silver...

(credit)

I hope you all are having a fabulous day, and thanks again for your encouraging comments. I do attempt to reply to every comment, even if I do it in bulk, and I really truly do appreciate everything that you all have said to me.

Moto jacket: Faith 21 ($20, December 2010)-Yes, this is the same as the black one. I love multiples...
Black tunic: Lane Bryant ($35, I forget)
Jeans: Calvin Klein ($48, January 2010)
Scarf: Ann Taylor Loft
Boots: Dolce Vita for Target ($25, December 2010)

2 Click here to comment :):

Linda said...

I have those boots too. My only complaint is that they jingle a little when I walk. People kept asking me if I had bells on!
Feel better!

K said...

Linda-Thanks! I'm feeling a bit better today. Good to know about the boots. I didn't notice any jingling but I wasn't anywhere quiet while I was wearing them either. Hope your day is going well!