Monday, January 31, 2011

an outfit made up of new stuffy stuff!


Good morning everyone,

So how was your weekend? I got to hang out with my friend for a few hours on Saturday night, and we even got some photographic evidence! We ended up eating at the Rusty Scupper on the (Baltimore) harbor, and the view was beautiful. I also enjoyed the best fried oysters I have ever tasted in my life.


But now we're on to another week. And today is going to be better than last Monday, I can just feel it. It helps that I'm wearing actual shoes (not that flats aren't shoes, but when you can fit a sock over your foot in 20 degree weather life gets better). 

Speaking of feet, my own foot is healing quite nicely. To those of you inquiring about it-thank you so much. I'm told by professionals that the wound should be healed up within two weeks, and perhaps there will be some scarring. I was also told to get a flu shot, which puts me at a total of two shots in one week! I know, I'm a wuss. But I hate needles. So, yay for being an adult and all the crap that comes with it. When I was younger my mom used to trick me into going to the doctor by not telling me until we were actually there. She'd lure me in with the promise of fast food (it was a rare "treat" during my teenage years) and then *bam* we'd be at the doctor's office and she'd be exclaiming "it's only going to take a minute, it's going to be alright now get out of the car..." It took me a long time to disassociate a fish fillet with dreaded doctor visits.


On a happier note-how fantastic is that bag? Originally $198, it was on sale for $77ish and with an extra 10% off and $40 in rewards coupons I got it for $32! I've been looking for a nice professional cross-body bag and this one is more narrow than I'm used to, but otherwise perfect. The rest of my outfit is actually new as well, even though I bought the items last year and just haven't worn them until today. That's one of my new year's deals-wear what you have or donate/sell it.

Happy Monday to you all!

Saturday's outfit:
Red coat: Old Navy
Black leggings: Ann Taylor Loft
Boots: Steve Madden via 6pm
Bag: Steve Madden "B Nanna" via Piperlime ($32, January 2011)

Monday's outfit:
Striped sweater: Ann Taylor Loft ($17.49, October 2010)
Black pants: Gap "Perfect Fit" Trouser ($41.65, August 2010)
Red heels: DSW (gifted, February 2010)
Necklace: Stella & Dot via Craigslist ($45, June 2010)
Bag: Steve Madden "B Nanna" via Piperlime ($32, January 2011)

5 Click here to comment :):

Joy said...

NICE bag! And I love your whole outfit.

I'm glad you are on the mend!!

ThriftyMomma said...

Love the red accents! That bag is fantastic. I've wondered about cross body bags because they seem so slim.

Missy said...

Love the pop of color with the shoes!!!

Iris said...

I love the red shoes, great touch!

K said...

Joy-Thank you! I'm thrilled to be feeling better too :)

Thrifty-Thanks! I usually carry a tote, so this bag is very small to me. Maybe it will teach me to cut back on what I carry around with me :)

Missy-Thank you! I love a nice red shoe :)

Iris-Thanks! I'm glad you think so :)