Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sneaky evil ice


Hi all,

Want to hear about how I'm a crazy silly Floridian at heart? I walked out to take today's pictures and saw what I thought was snow on the walkway. No biggie-I have my boots and they'll look fine in the snow for the photo. Well, I went to walk down the steps and went flying because what I thought was snow was actually ice. Sneaky sneaky ice! It sure looked like snow to me...I think there was a layer of ice over some snow, but let me tell you it didn't crack or budge a bit when I went flying across it. Hmph. So I'm sorry my feet are cut off in this one photo, but I wasn't about to walk up and down the steps to adjust the tripod for multiple shots. My bones can only take so much.

On a completely unrelated note-I have a very hard time styling this dress. Hmph. Also, I think I wore this necklace to my senior prom. I can't believe it's still around!

I hope you all are having a lovely Tuesday!

Cardigan: Ann Taylor Loft ($33, January 2008)
Dress: Lane Bryant ($40ish, 2009)
Boots: Ann Taylor Loft ($56, December 2008)
Earrings: T.J. Maxx ($12, January 2010)
Belt: Forever 21 ($5.80, January 2010)
Necklace: Macy's (high school)

10 Click here to comment :):

Ariana said...

I love the way you styled it! The cardi and the belt are perfect :) Hope you're not too sore!

Kimberly said...

I have this same dress and showed how I styled it in this remix post - http://www.fabfindsunder50.com/2010/12/remixes-part-3.html
Hope it helps a little.

I really love the color of the cardigan you put with it. Be safe on the ice! Ouch!

Sarah said...

I love this look. Very pretty. That color is gorgeous on you!I love this dress as well!

thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

Joy said...

That cardi looks great with the dress!

I hate ice! I've done my share of slipping and sliding the last week!

Tina said...

You may be having a hard time styling it, but this totally works.

Lazy Madonna said...

I think it looks great the way you've styled it! Shows off your figure to perfection :)

ThriftyMomma said...

Love that dress! super cute styling too...the pop of color really sets it off. Loving it!

K said...

Ariana-Thank you! I'm recovering nicely. Just a bit jolted :)

Kimberly-I don't know how I missed that post! I'm taking notes :)

Sarah-Thank you! I wish ATL still made this style of sweater (downside is the dry cleaning). I would definitely get a couple more!

Joy-You all probably have it worse because you're not used to the crazy cold weather! People up here don't seem too bothered by the ice, although our work did give us admin. leave (which they NEVER do).

Tina-Thank you! I'm glad you like it.

Madonna-I'm not gonna lie; I did feel rather sassy yesterday. I think it's the shape of the skirt that I like so much. :)

Thrifty-Thank you! I think I'll try a top under the dress next time :)

Iris said...

The snow wasn't melted yesterday by us either, it was a nice sheet of slippery death on the ground. Nice job sticking with it!

Cynthia said...

Love this look. It doesn't seem that you had trouble styling it at all. Sorry about your fall on the ice.