Wednesday, February 16, 2011

the dress that launched a thousand blood drops

(See our neighbor walking the dog? She must think I'm nuts.)
 Good morning everyone,

Remember my epic elevator fall?  Well, this dress was the cause of it (in a roundabout way). I saw this dress on clearance at Lane Bryant and decided hey, I'm going to put it back and come back in a week. If it's still there, it's totally mine. Then I went into Target and spent the whole trip whining to my friend about how I should have gotten the dress. I mean, it was the only one left, it happened to be in my size, and it was $14.99 (on sale for $24.99 and I had a $10 LB certificate). I'm surprised my friend didn't stab my annoying ass. Instead she insisted we go back and get that great wonderful dress. So we did. And then I got attacked by the elevator on the way back. Stupid dress.

(D's Valentine's Day gift to me finally came!)

You know what isn't stupid? Giveaways. And I'm having one. Today. Stay tuned for a second Wednesday post!


Leopard cardi: T.J. Maxx ($20, June 2010)
Black dress: Lane Bryant ($14.99, January 2011)
Tights: Spanx
Boots: Ideeli ($61, February 2011)
Necklace: Gifted (February 2011)
Belt: NY & Co

5 Click here to comment :):

whenlifehandsyouapear said...

So, it was worth it, right? I mean, LOOK at you! That outfit is gorgeous
!!

I love the necklace too!

Lesa said...

Love the animal print with purple!

Tina said...

I have to agree with Lesa, the purple is beautiful against the gray based animal print.

K said...

Thanks y'all! I do enjoy pairing purple with animal print. I was going to wear a black belt but I feel like it got hidden against the black of the dress.

Thanks for stopping by!

Iris said...

I'm glad you got your dress and that it all worked out. Love it with he leopard cardi!