Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I have no legs...


Good morning everyone,

Yesterday's outfit inspiration suggestion was so helpful that I decided to follow today's idea as well: ruffles. For some reason I thought I had more tops with ruffle details, but I don't. Most of my tops have floral or abstract patterns, not ruffles. I have plenty of dresses with ruffles, but I haven't been in a dress wearing mood. Maybe next week.

Our power went out last night so I got a late start this morning. I thought that would make for better pictures, but the snow seemed to distort the colors and you can't see my legs very well. No worries...I looked down to make sure they were really there.


Did any of you watch What Not to Wear last night?  The woman annoyed me so much that I could barely sit through the whole thing. It made me want to crawl through the TV and shake some sense into her. I thought maybe she and her friends had decided to prank WNTW or something (she was just so ridiculous and stupid), but maybe she really is that shallow and unaware of who she really is. Who knows....

Happy hump day!

Polka dot cardi: Target ($21, June 2009)
Red ruffle top: Ann Taylor Loft (2009)
Jeans: Target ($20.98, August 2010)
Flats: DSW ($40ish, August 2009)

5 Click here to comment :):

V said...

Ugh, I saw WNTW last night and wow! That girl! She did in fact look WAAAY better after the makeunder. I kind of wish Ted would have colored her hair darker, but whatever. And what was with that lip pursing? annoying!

Dustin said...

The WNTW woman had this look on her face the whole time like a swan that had just flown into a tree.

Your legs are beautiful (!), even if Asphalty (sorry Pee-Wee) is trying to hide them.

I'm sorry you weren't feeling well today.

Cynthia said...

Love your outfit today~the black and white with a pop of red! We have been having rolling blackouts due to the low temps down here. It's been crazy teaching today!

Lynn W said...

I think the WNTW gal was just sad in how she couldn't see who she really was because she had built a facade. I don't think they changed her hair enough either. With those dark eyes, a rich brown hair color would have been so much prettier. But maybe her hair was too fried to accept that much dye?

K said...

V and Lynn-I completely agree with what you both said about doing her hair darker. However, I think she might have been even more upset if they took being "blonde" away from her. I mean, she was falling into a stereotype so well! Ugh, hopefully next week's will be more "normal".

Cynthia-I'm sorry to hear about your crazy weather. I hope the power stays on for you. I hate losing power. :)