Monday, February 7, 2011

to tank or not to tank, that is the question...


Good morning everyone,

I had an amusing (well, to me) back and forth dilemma with this dress today. I went to put it on without a tank top, and then thought better of it and grabbed one to wear under. When I put the dress on I realized you couldn't even see the tank and I could get away without one. So, off came the dress and the tank. When I put the dress on a second time (w/out a tank) it was like ahoy holy cleavage mountain! So I had to get dressed a third time, again with the tank. Such exciting mornings I have...


So I wanted to include a shot of my everyday bag. It's really more of a tote, and I use it almost every day. I love that it's oversized and it has a cute patchwork pattern thing going on. So going from this to the crossbody Steve Madden bag I recently purchased is a challenge because the SM one is so much smaller. It's like putting together a puzzle to get everything to fit. I think I'll have to save it for lighter days at the office or weekend outings until I can rearrange what I carry on a daily basis.

How was your weekend? Are you ready for the middle of February? I got most of what I had in mind done by yesterday evening, including listing another 20 things via ebay. I wish it wasn't so time consuming, but the outcome can be worth it. I also helped my grandmother go through some of her boxes of papers and we ran across old daily journals that my grandfather used to keep. I plan on hanging on to them and reading them when I get a chance (they're not personal diaries, rather they're like an outline of what he did every day). We also found report cards from when my grandmother was in grade school (in the 1920's) and some interesting letters from past boyfriends. It was fascinating to see another side of my grandmother, and I'd say it was one of the nicer weekends I've spent with her as of late.


Happy Monday!

Dress: Lane Bryant ($28, December 2010)
Sorta hidden tank: Ann Taylor Loft ($12, December 2009)
Tights: Spanx
Red heels: Jessica Simpson via T.J. Maxx ($40, January 2011)
Necklace: Stella & Dot via Craigslist ($45, June 2010)
Bag: Naturalizer Outlet ($20, July 2009)

7 Click here to comment :):

Missy said...

Love that bag! I admire you for being able to wear Spanx at the office. I'm miserable in it lol

Sarah R said...

I love, love, LOVE your outfit. Especially the black tights with red shoes. Swoon!!! I need a good work bag myself. Going back to the office after 9 years of telecommuting, I am starting all over. It's so exciting!

Lise Marie said...

I love the bag and the red shoes!
The dress looks so good on you and the tank? Good call. I have found that when moving around the office it prevents "wardrobe malfuntions" lol

Cynthia said...

Love the bag and your red shoes! Have a great evening!

Iris said...

I always tank top, I just can't escape the cleavage...

K said...

Thanks Missy! It took me a while to get used to Spanx, but now I hate wearing dresses without them :)

Sarah-Thank you! I think the shoes are the Jessica Simpson "Secret" heels. Congrats on starting over! I know it's an obvious choice but I find a lot of good work bags at T.J. Maxx/Ross. Good luck!

Lise Marie-I agree with you about the tank. I'm not sure I'd ever be able to get away without one :)

Cynthia-Thank you! I hope you had a good evening as well :)

Iris-Escape the cleavage, that made me laugh. There are days that I wouldn't mind being a little um, less endowed. :)

Natalie said...

LOVE your whole outfit!!!!!! That dress is especially sassy :)